working space harrier PCB - who has one?

WINNER

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004

ok, here's an easy one...
who has a 100% working space harrier PCB set and how much?

shoot me an email offline... and be gentle.

thanks.
k.

WINNER

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004

and not that i'm building this for resale but seems like a boardset
costs almost as much as the whole game. is that just how it is? this
really is a good game IMO. shame they're so scarce.

k.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> and not that i'm building this for resale but seems like a boardset
> costs almost as much as the whole game. is that just how it is? this
> really is a good game IMO. shame they're so scarce.
>
> k.

You could try converting an Enduro Racer (2 a penny) to a Space Harrier,
it's the same boardset but the biggest problem is the Security chip, it's
protected and no one has managed to dump it yet so you'll need an original.
It would be fitting end to an Enduro Racer, Space Harrier is much more fun
especially the moving sit down one which is now Ultra Ultra Rare!!! It took
me a year just to find one for my games room and I'm now in the process of
finding all the missing parts and restoring it.

Regards

Nick

yeah. i was thinking of that but hurdles would be...
- finding a security chip
- finding someone to burn the roms.

i might have a line on a complete machine for a decent price. a little more
then i'd pay for a boardset on ebay i guess but i'd get some spare parts to
sell off to offset the cost.

k.

"Nick" <miragedisco@nospam.btinternet.com> wrote in message

> <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> > and not that i'm building this for resale but seems like a boardset
> > costs almost as much as the whole game. is that just how it is? this
> > really is a good game IMO. shame they're so scarce.
> >
> > k.
>
> You could try converting an Enduro Racer (2 a penny) to a Space Harrier,
> it's the same boardset but the biggest problem is the Security chip, it's
> protected and no one has managed to dump it yet so you'll need an
original.
> It would be fitting end to an Enduro Racer, Space Harrier is much more fun
> especially the moving sit down one which is now Ultra Ultra Rare!!! It
took
> me a year just to find one for my games room and I'm now in the process of
> finding all the missing parts and restoring it.
>
> Regards
>
> Nick

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not wanting to hijack this thread but if you do part out a Space Harrier
please let me know I am still in need of some parts for my Sim.

Thanks

Nick

"Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> yeah. i was thinking of that but hurdles would be...
> - finding a security chip
> - finding someone to burn the roms.
>
> i might have a line on a complete machine for a decent price. a little
> more
> then i'd pay for a boardset on ebay i guess but i'd get some spare parts
> sell off to offset the cost.
>
> k.
>

> "Nick" <miragedisco@nospam.btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
>> > and not that i'm building this for resale but seems like a boardset
>> > costs almost as much as the whole game. is that just how it is? this
>> > really is a good game IMO. shame they're so scarce.
>> >
>> > k.
>>
>> You could try converting an Enduro Racer (2 a penny) to a Space Harrier,
>> it's the same boardset but the biggest problem is the Security chip, it's
>> protected and no one has managed to dump it yet so you'll need an
> original.
>> It would be fitting end to an Enduro Racer, Space Harrier is much more
>> fun
>> especially the moving sit down one which is now Ultra Ultra Rare!!! It
> took
>> me a year just to find one for my games room and I'm now in the process
>> of
>> finding all the missing parts and restoring it.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Nick

cool. i'll keep you in mind..
it's a 4 hour drive one way to get it though so it might have to wait until
i fix my car later this month.

still lookin' for now.