I seem to be in the need of a new laptop, do you guys think you could help me out? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.
1. What is your budget?
My actual budget is EXACTLY $1750. I was going to allocate about $1500 for a laptop and use the rest to buy another monitor for my desktop. However, if it is something over $1500 I will definitely still consider it.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 is ideal, but I'm not that picky.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement. It has to be something that can take standard wear-n-tear. (I.E Opening/Closing the screen over the span of two years won't mess up the casing around the screen. This is what happened to my current MSI G-series laptop which I am getting fixed and passing on to my brother )
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not an issue. 1hr+
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes! Either of these games at medium/high.
If it can do those two, I'm sure it can run my other games fine.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750gb + is great.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Doesn't matter to me.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years, at the very least.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Only a dvd drive. Even that is not required.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
[Prefer] ASUS G-Series - I've got a few friends that have these and they have been great for them. No problems and very sturdy.
[Don't want] MSI G-Series - I'd prefer it not be an MSI because I currently have the MSI GX740 and its very fragile. It is a two-year old model so unless they've changed their newer models much, I'd prefer not to get an MSI.
13. What country do you live in? USA.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
It doesn't have to be a 7970M but it would be nice. I have had some trouble finding laptops with that card in it. I don't need the laptop until around the 20th of August so would it be better for me to wait until then?
More about :gaming laptop desktop replacement 1200 1500