Please help re:spyware(tspy.skeylog.q)

I can't seem to get rid of this virus which my pc-cillin states
windows/system32/iftp.dll and spoolsvc.dll are affected and unable to
quarentine.I am unable to find these files to even delete them.

As well, something has taken over my browser automatically sending me to
unwanted pages as well as adding unwanted search bars to the browser and
links to keywords on the pages. Not really sure if these are related. Should
I be concerned about my security ie passwords etc.?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Gifford.
p.s. I have been in contact with my antivirus help team (trend micro) but so
far nothing they have suggested seems to work.

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kevin Gifford" wrote:

| I can't seem to get rid of this virus which my pc-cillin states
| windows/system32/iftp.dll and spoolsvc.dll are affected and unable to
| quarentine.I am unable to find these files to even delete them.
|
| As well, something has taken over my browser automatically sending me to
| unwanted pages as well as adding unwanted search bars to the browser and
| links to keywords on the pages. Not really sure if these are related. Should
| I be concerned about my security ie passwords etc.?
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| Kevin Gifford.
| p.s. I have been in contact with my antivirus help team (trend micro) but so
| far nothing they have suggested seems to work.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-4, 05/06/2005
Tested on: 5/7/2005 8:44:29 PM