Does AOL disk come with IE and Outlook Express on it?

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 25, 2005 10:37:28 AM

No... I don't like AOL very much, but I have a situatiin where I need
to obtain OE and I do not have my Win98 CD anymore and I cannot
download it from Microsoft because I will attempt to download
Ie6setupOE and it will last a few minutes and tell me to try later,
that they are busy and then it asks me if I am connected to the
internet, which I am. It is dial-up... but I am connected.

So, downloading OE is NOT an option for me so someone mentioned that
all AOL disks come with INTERNET EXPLORER and/or OE somewhere on the
disk.

Is this true? If it is I may even join AOL for awhile, because I have
no other means of getting OE.

Thanks

LEESA (I)
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 12:00:13 PM

Leesa_Tay@softhome.net wrote:

> No... I don't like AOL very much, but I have a situatiin where I need
> to obtain OE and I do not have my Win98 CD anymore and I cannot
> download it from Microsoft because I will attempt to download
> Ie6setupOE and it will last a few minutes and tell me to try later,
> that they are busy and then it asks me if I am connected to the
> internet, which I am. It is dial-up... but I am connected.
>
> So, downloading OE is NOT an option for me so someone mentioned that
> all AOL disks come with INTERNET EXPLORER and/or OE somewhere on the
> disk.
>
> Is this true? If it is I may even join AOL for awhile, because I have
> no other means of getting OE.

Any friends that can burn an IE/OE disk for you?

Notan
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 5:36:21 PM

Go look through the magazine rack at the local book store. There should
be some computer rags that have CDs with them. Just look at the listing
of what is on the CD. Should be a couple that have IE on them.

--
Steve Williams

<Leesa_Tay@softhome.net> wrote in message
> No... I don't like AOL very much, but I have a situatiin where I need
> to obtain OE and I do not have my Win98 CD anymore and I cannot
> download it from Microsoft because I will attempt to download
> Ie6setupOE and it will last a few minutes and tell me to try later,
> that they are busy and then it asks me if I am connected to the
> internet, which I am. It is dial-up... but I am connected.
>
> So, downloading OE is NOT an option for me so someone mentioned that
> all AOL disks come with INTERNET EXPLORER and/or OE somewhere on the
> disk.
>
> Is this true? If it is I may even join AOL for awhile, because I have
> no other means of getting OE.
>
> Thanks
>
> LEESA (I)

February 25, 2005 7:00:10 PM

<Leesa_Tay@softhome.net> wrote in message
> No... I don't like AOL very much, but I have a situatiin where I need
> to obtain OE and I do not have my Win98 CD anymore and I cannot
> download it from Microsoft because I will attempt to download
> Ie6setupOE and it will last a few minutes and tell me to try later,
> that they are busy and then it asks me if I am connected to the
> internet, which I am. It is dial-up... but I am connected.
>
> So, downloading OE is NOT an option for me so someone mentioned that
> all AOL disks come with INTERNET EXPLORER and/or OE somewhere on the
> disk.
>
> Is this true? If it is I may even join AOL for awhile, because I have
> no other means of getting OE.
>
> Thanks
>
> LEESA (I)

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194179.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Outlook-Express-D...

are two sites you might try
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 11:55:08 PM

Go to your local post office and pick up an AOL 9.0 CD. Do not install AOL.
Instead, browse through it and look for the folder containing IE 6.0, which
should also carry along a OE with it... Ben Myers

!