Q*Bert Sound Cuts In/Out with Knocker

This was reported at my last party, and it started happening again tonight.

Sometimes the Q*Bert sound cuts out when the knocker engages. Then,
the next time the knocker engages, it comes back on.

My power supply is rebuilt with the 27V zener mod, and I've replaced
many caps on the sound board.

Except for this issue, the sound works well.

Any suggestions?

More about bert sound cuts knocker

    >Except for this issue, the sound works well

    Make sure the diode across the knocker coil is in place and
    working.....or just replace.

    You can also check to see if any of the voltages drop during coil fire.
    Make sure you replace any and all power supply caps.

    Kirb

    Could it also be a PHYSICAL issue, such as the knocker vibrating
    something loose, then back, loose, then back?

    Define "many" caps....did you get all of the large electrolytics?
    Especially the big one next to the heat sinked amp chip.

    Derek Stutsman wrote:
    > This was reported at my last party, and it started happening again
    tonight.

    > Sometimes the Q*Bert sound cuts out when the knocker engages. Then,
    > the next time the knocker engages, it comes back on.
    >
    > My power supply is rebuilt with the 27V zener mod, and I've replaced
    > many caps on the sound board.
    >
    > Except for this issue, the sound works well.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

Games Power Supplies Video Video Games