WG U5000 B+ voltage??

At test point 203 on the wells gardner U5000 chassis, what is the B+
voltage supposed to be?
mine is at 155 vdc? seems high?
monitor does work thow, color not the best.
can a bad tube cause it to be too high?
thanx-

"ultra tech" <who_won@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> At test point 203 on the wells gardner U5000 chassis, what is the B+
> voltage supposed to be?
> mine is at 155 vdc? seems high?
> monitor does work thow, color not the best.
> can a bad tube cause it to be too high?
> thanx-

Definitely a bit high, should be right around 130V, I've seen them operating
with a high B+ when the startup circuit is defective. Check R765 and
surroundings. Bad tube isn't causing this problem, but the high B+ could be
causing a distorted picture. If a tube is ever in question, use a tube
tester.

It seems Randyfromm.com has those numbers on his flowcharts. I am not sure
if he still provides them free. I know he did at one time.
"ultra tech" <who_won@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> At test point 203 on the wells gardner U5000 chassis, what is the B+
> voltage supposed to be?
> mine is at 155 vdc? seems high?
> monitor does work thow, color not the best.
> can a bad tube cause it to be too high?
> thanx-

B+ should be 130.
"Russ" <StateStreetAmusements@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It seems Randyfromm.com has those numbers on his flowcharts. I am not
> sure if he still provides them free. I know he did at one time.
> "ultra tech" <who_won@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> At test point 203 on the wells gardner U5000 chassis, what is the B+
>> voltage supposed to be?
>> mine is at 155 vdc? seems high?
>> monitor does work thow, color not the best.
>> can a bad tube cause it to be too high?
>> thanx-

update: i just tested another U5000 chassis in the same cab and it also
measures 155 vdc at the B+.
i tested the tube and the green has a short.
so i assume the tube is causing this problem.

> update: i just tested another U5000 chassis in the same cab and it also
> measures 155 vdc at the B+.
> i tested the tube and the green has a short.
> so i assume the tube is causing this problem.

The tube wouldn't cause the B+ to run high like that. Unplug the neck board
and check again. Where are you measuring the B+ and in what relation are you
measuring it with?