Inoperable screensaver

There is a problem with my screensaver; it doesn't work.

Anyone have a clue why?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305927
Cannot Preview 3-D Screensaver, and Preview Screen Is Black or Displays an Error
Message

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328000
Screensaver Password Protection Does Not Work

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839993
You receive an error message about the 3D screen saver while you change the display
configuration

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

Posting from another user by the name of David:
"I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works."
then David posted again
"I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
out why this works."

Ferdy wrote:
> There is a problem with my screensaver; it doesn't work.
>
> Anyone have a clue why?

Got it working, it turned out that I had McAfee updates set for every five
minutes in scheduled tasks, disabled that and now it works--

Thanks to all

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305927
> Cannot Preview 3-D Screensaver, and Preview Screen Is Black or Displays an
> Error Message
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328000
> Screensaver Password Protection Does Not Work
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839993
> You receive an error message about the 3D screen saver while you change
> the display configuration
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
> Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
> Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP
>
> Posting from another user by the name of David:
> "I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse.
> If I switch the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works."
> then David posted again
> "I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to
> PS2 adapter that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would
> be interested to find out why this works."
>
> Ferdy wrote:
>> There is a problem with my screensaver; it doesn't work.
>>
>> Anyone have a clue why?

Thanks for posting back.
Kaylene