Ati Sapphire 9800xt Hell !

hypern00b

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2004
I just formatted my pc yesterday and grabbed the lastest catalyst drivers off the ati for my Ati Sapphire 9800xt 256mb. But now my card wont enable fastwrite or even go above 0x agp ? Its all setup fine in the bios and was working great before the format. Its running at around 62c, so i don't think it a temp problem. I'm running an AMD 64 3200+, Asus K8v deluxe, 2x 512 hyundai ddr400 ram and have 2 extra fans mounted in the case on 450watt ps.

I've tryed going back to my old drivers and it still has the same problem. But it was fine before my format. i've tryed everything i can think of. Any help would be great.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
i had a similar prob, but it got fixed after a few reboots.

try killing the drivers and reinstalling them. Also DX 9 and windows update...which will chk if there are any driver updates too.

<i> :eek: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek: </i>

pauldh

Illustrious
Did you reformat your harddrive and then install Windows XP on the clean drive? If so:

As soon as Windows was installed, did you install the motherboards chipset drivers?

What are your system specs? More info would help.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt