2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13 - 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
doesn't really matter
i would prefer a matte display
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable - 1,8 kg max
5. How much battery life do you need?
doesn't really matter - i will be carrying my laptop around but will be plugged in most of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
starcraft 2, mass effect 3, some older games
i guess medium is fine, gaming is not primary but as i am buying a new computer i'd like it to be capable of some occasional gaming
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
possibly some minor photo editing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
doesn't really matter
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
i don't need one
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
no special preference
13. What country do you live in?
prague, the czech republic
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-i know that gaming performance can't be too good given the portability but i'd like to find a compromise
-i can't really estimate the difference between contemporary integrated graphics and low-end graphic cards - are they any better at all?
You should have quite a few choices available, primarily since you don't need a high-end gaming laptop.
Unlike normal pc's where we can help you select components and build one, we're a little bit restricted for laptops (they're normally pre-built, though for some, you can pre-select the primary components).
If I was you I would have a look at some pc websites that cover the 2 options of pre-build+pre-customised, and customisable. Then check out what is listed in your budget. Some ideas that I use include:
For your graphics option, and for your given gaming needs, we would always recommend a dedicated card......the difference in playability for the games you listed (SC2 and ME3) is huge. Integrated graphics (as they stand currently) are ok for low level gaming e.g. facebook, java - just don't expect anything too higher at the moment.