Dual Channel Question?

mAtRiXrIpOfF

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003
hello,

i have a motherboard capable of doing dual channel memory. i have 2 identical 512mb sticks of Generic ddr 400 ram.

does the motherboard makes the above mentioned memory dual channel or is dual channel is a exclusive feature on good brand memory only?

hello! I know you found the memory section of the boards, so why post here! give up littering, your question will get answered!

If I was an admin, you would be shot/killed/raped (in that order)

Thanks much! Ned

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Most, maybe all ram manufacturers give identical memory modules like 1GB=512x2...so that u can run in dual channel. U shld do this. Your manual should also talk abt it.

U can use it as single channel also.

By the way I dont understand the last line u wrote ?
It sounds like someones signature "All you base are belong to us"

u can try the generic ddr modules...and see if ur board accepts them. it is advised that modules with same part #, be used for dual channel.

<i> :eek: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek: </i>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I like the way u put it <b>shot/killed/raped (in that order)</b>

its funny...
sure u dont need therapy ?

<i> :eek: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :eek: </i>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
whoever made that animation must be bored like hell...