Acer 5560g for gaming

Hey guys, i want to get my girlfriend a laptop for her birthday because she wants to play games like Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 with me...we dont have room for another computer so looking for a cheapish laptop...
I found the Acer 5560g for £375 and am considering buying it but wanted some advice before i purchase as i cannot find much information about it. would possibly go up to £450 but would rather not as its already expensive as it is...
8 answers Last reply
More about acer 5560g gaming
  1. yes its the same one...
    i dont know if im alowed to post ebay links but this is the one
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271024408816&clk_rvr_id=369408192586
  2. Quote:
    in ths US there is a 5560G version with the Radeon 7670M. Can you find such a thing?

Exactly, make sure to get a laptop cheap or not, with a discrete video card.
  3. or i see another seller offering a Acer Aspire 5755G-32354G50Mnks for £399 (plus discount if i pick up)...would this be a better deal for sameish price?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspire-5755G-32354G50Mnks-Core-i3-Gaming-Laptop-NX-RV3EK-001-4GB-DDR3-500G-/200790030185#ht_994wt_1401
  4. sorry for double post...wont let me edit...
    i just realised its a dual core so prob wont be as good...
    anyway i talked about it with my girlfriend and she said we should spend abit more and get something better....maybe around £450-500.
    anyone have any ideas on something more future proof?
  5. because shes afraid that newer games...in a year or 2 wont play on it and she wont be able to play with me which is why she wants it in the first place.
  6. warzinak said:
    because shes afraid that newer games...in a year or 2 wont play on it and she wont be able to play with me which is why she wants it in the first place.

If that is a consideration, then get the laptop with a FAST GPU. Not too many games have ever been CPU intensive, they all tend to be GPU intensive.
  7. still stuck... her birthdays in 10 days now and we still havent decided on what to get....
    still temped to get the 5560g for £370....
    we are just worried about making a big mistake...our budget is around £450 but dont want to spend that if it wont make much difference....
    any other laptops in the price range that are worth considering?
  8. thanks il get that then...wish family was coming over from America!! its $400 there which is like £250 :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Acer Gaming