TECH: Atari System I revisions, tell me about yours I have..

Does Rev A have 'Rev A' anywhere on the board or is it just blank? My serial
# is in the 36xx range.

Mine does not have any revision printed on it.

On the LS02 at location A2, does it have a wire wrap mod? On mine, two
traces are cut, and the wire wrap soldered so that they are swapped. Did
someone just fix some damage and goof it?

My symptom is that there is no playfield either in test or in game. Also
some of the colors are wrong.

I have a service bulletin I need to put in for google and here it is:

System 1 TTL REV A to REV C MOD

Without this mod, the TTL Main will not run Roadrunner or Roadblasters
program cart.

1 . Cut and lift 14M pin 6, connect this lifted pin to 14M pin 16. (+5V).
2. Cut and lift 3D pin 11.
3. Connect 3D pin 13 to 4A pin 5.
4. connect 3B pin 13 to 4A pin 6.
5. Connect 3B pin 12 to 4J pin 12
6. Connect 3B pin 11 to the PAD of 3D pin 11.

Not responsible for typos but I read it a couple of times.
--
"Quality is the enemy of production."
Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'

Those evidently are a factory mod or field bulletin, etc. If you put them
back like the PCB was designed to be, the video rolls vertically.

And of course I have the LSI main schematics, and the board I want to work
on has the TTL main board apparently since it's (C) 1984 and a different
part # than the other one I have.

"Robert Bullock" <rcbullock@_REMOVE_cox.net> wrote in message

> On the LS02 at location A2, does it have a wire wrap mod? On mine, two
> traces are cut, and the wire wrap soldered so that they are swapped. Did
> someone just fix some damage and goof it?

TRENDING THREADS