Fast user switching

May 8, 2005 2:38:58 PM

I can’t use the switch user option, When I click switch user nothing
happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message that says the
computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to switch user from) and
can only be unlocked with there password. No one has a password that I
know of, for one I don’t allow my children to password there domain,
and I have never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change but it
never saves the change. I check the box, apply change, click change
the way users logon & off again and the check is gone. It will not
save the change. Is there something I’m missing?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Fast-user-s...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1197427

http://www.usenet.com

More about : fast user switching

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:28:32 PM

"ucncalmeb" wrote:
> I can't use the switch user option, When I click switch user
> nothing happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message
> that says the computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to
> switch user from) and can only be unlocked with there
> password. No one has a password that I know of, for one I
> don't allow my children to password there domain, and I have
> never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
> logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change
> but it never saves the change. I check the box, apply change,
> click change the way users logon & off again and the check is
> gone. It will not save the change. Is there something I'm
> missing?

Start>Run and type in: services.msc>ok
Scroll down to Terminal Services and make sure it is Started.

This worked
Thanks
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 1:31:43 AM

Type Services.msc in Start-Run. Locate these two services from the list and
set them both the Automatic, and start the Services:

* Fast User Switching Compatibility
* Terminal Services

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"ucncalmeb" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>I can’t use the switch user option, When I click switch user nothing
> happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message that says the
> computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to switch user from) and
> can only be unlocked with there password. No one has a password that I
> know of, for one I don’t allow my children to password there domain,
> and I have never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
> logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change but it
> never saves the change. I check the box, apply change, click change
> the way users logon & off again and the check is gone. It will not
> save the change. Is there something I’m missing?

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Fast-user-s...

> http://www.usenet.com