Fast user switching

I can’t use the switch user option, When I click switch user nothing
happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message that says the
computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to switch user from) and
can only be unlocked with there password. No one has a password that I
know of, for one I don’t allow my children to password there domain,
and I have never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change but it
never saves the change. I check the box, apply change, click change
the way users logon & off again and the check is gone. It will not
save the change. Is there something I’m missing?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Fast-user-switching-ftopict370116.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1197427

http://www.usenet.com
3 answers Last reply
More about fast user switching

    "ucncalmeb" wrote:
    > I can't use the switch user option, When I click switch user
    > nothing happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message
    > that says the computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to
    > switch user from) and can only be unlocked with there
    > password. No one has a password that I know of, for one I
    > don't allow my children to password there domain, and I have
    > never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
    > logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change
    > but it never saves the change. I check the box, apply change,
    > click change the way users logon & off again and the check is
    > gone. It will not save the change. Is there something I'm
    > missing?

    Start>Run and type in: services.msc>ok
    Scroll down to Terminal Services and make sure it is Started.

    This worked
    Thanks

    Type Services.msc in Start-Run. Locate these two services from the list and
    set them both the Automatic, and start the Services:

    * Fast User Switching Compatibility
    * Terminal Services

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ucncalmeb" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >I can’t use the switch user option, When I click switch user nothing
    > happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message that says the
    > computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to switch user from) and
    > can only be unlocked with there password. No one has a password that I
    > know of, for one I don’t allow my children to password there domain,
    > and I have never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
    > logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change but it
    > never saves the change. I check the box, apply change, click change
    > the way users logon & off again and the check is gone. It will not
    > save the change. Is there something I’m missing?

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Fast-user-switching-ftopict370116.html

    > http://www.usenet.com

    You're welcome!

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ucncalmeb" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "ucncalmeb" wrote:
    > > I can't use the switch user option, When I click switch user
    > > nothing happens. So I try windows logo +L and I get a message
    > > that says the computer has been locked by ( whoever I try to
    > > switch user from) and can only be unlocked with there
    > > password. No one has a password that I know of, for one I
    > > don't allow my children to password there domain, and I have
    > > never passworded mine. I have gone to change the way user
    > > logon & off and checked use fast switching and apply change
    > > but it never saves the change. I check the box, apply change,
    > > click change the way users logon & off again and the check is
    > > gone. It will not save the change. Is there something I'm
    > > missing?
    >
    > Start>Run and type in: services.msc>ok
    > Scroll down to Terminal Services and make sure it is Started.
    >
    > This worked
    > Thanks

Switch Windows XP