Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Graphics Cards
  • HP Laptop
  • 3D
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
July 30, 2012 1:33:51 AM

can a 3d gaming hp laptop run w/ non 3d video card if it works with the chip set? will the display work properly??? :sweat: 

More about : 3d

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
July 30, 2012 1:52:10 AM

That's a good question, what model are we talking about here? But mostly I would want to know... Why? Cook your GPU and looking for a cheaper replacement?
I would want to think no problem but, I believe the answer is model specific and dependant upon the 3D screens' firmware configuration.
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 85 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
July 30, 2012 2:10:11 AM

I don't understand the question? If its a laptop it will run with whatever chip is in the laptop...

And all "3D".displays can show 2D.
Related resources
August 6, 2012 9:37:25 PM

C12Friedman said:
That's a good question, what model are we talking about here? But mostly I would want to know... Why? Cook your GPU and looking for a cheaper replacement?
I would want to think no problem but, I believe the answer is model specific and dependant upon the 3D screens' firmware configuration.

sorry! forgot.. hp envy 17 2090nr 3d edition. product#lv045ua#aba ati mobility radeon hd6850 1gig dedicated
m
l
August 6, 2012 9:39:52 PM

C12Friedman said:

cooking = 180 for 20min = re-flow the cheap way. usually works when the chip curls from over heating.
m
l
August 6, 2012 9:44:03 PM

unksol said:
I don't understand the question? If its a laptop it will run with whatever chip is in the laptop...

And all "3D".displays can show 2D.

knowbody seemed to know that. i didn't because i never owned a 3d laptop. i'm having it re-balled instead of the home oven=re-flowed. to bad they don't use lead solder anymore on a new build.
m
l
August 6, 2012 10:03:05 PM

sorry! thanks.
m
l
August 17, 2012 12:27:43 AM

Best answer selected by rekcah3d.
m
l
!