Missing Operating System!

Hello,
I purchased XP Pro Upgrade (Retail Version) and installed it. I purchased a
new Dell computer with XP Home Edition and With MS's permission I was able
to upgrade my new system to XP Pro. I did this before transferring my files
to new computer. While using the File transfer Wizard, I was asked to insert
the Xp Pro disk, and when I did a few minutes later the screen went black
and when I rebooted the a message at the top of the screen "Operating
system Not found." I have been trying to find a way to install Windows ME,
but to no avail.
Need operating system. Help Please. I'm not trying to run Xp on two
machines.
Thanks in advance,
Rick M
1 answer Last reply
More about missing operating system

    The most common reason for "Operating system not found" is loss of
    recognition of the hard drive by the BIOS.
    You mentioned Win ME - if you have a ME startup disk - load it and it will
    tell you if your drive can be "seen".
    Booting into setup and reset for auto detection may solve your problem

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

Computers Microsoft File Transfer Windows XP