Missing Operating System!

May 8, 2005 10:23:48 PM

Hello,
I purchased XP Pro Upgrade (Retail Version) and installed it. I purchased a
new Dell computer with XP Home Edition and With MS's permission I was able
to upgrade my new system to XP Pro. I did this before transferring my files
to new computer. While using the File transfer Wizard, I was asked to insert
the Xp Pro disk, and when I did a few minutes later the screen went black
and when I rebooted the a message at the top of the screen "Operating
system Not found." I have been trying to find a way to install Windows ME,
but to no avail.
Need operating system. Help Please. I'm not trying to run Xp on two
machines.
Thanks in advance,
Rick M
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 10:45:08 PM

The most common reason for "Operating system not found" is loss of
recognition of the hard drive by the BIOS.
You mentioned Win ME - if you have a ME startup disk - load it and it will
tell you if your drive can be "seen".
Booting into setup and reset for auto detection may solve your problem

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL