rename system folder?

When I setup my new computer, I made the username "Toby & Sachi" not
realizing that this would cause problems when I tried uploading documents to
my netmail account. The "&" sign is illegal for my netmail. I went in and
changed the username to use "and" but the system folder where docs are saved
still has "&". Is there anyway to change that?

srodes wrote:
> When I setup my new computer, I made the username "Toby & Sachi" not
> realizing that this would cause problems when I tried uploading documents to
> my netmail account. The "&" sign is illegal for my netmail. I went in and
> changed the username to use "and" but the system folder where docs are saved
> still has "&". Is there anyway to change that?

The user profile folders (C:\Documents and Settings\Username)
_cannot_ be renamed, even if the associated user account has been.
So, your best course of action would be to log on using the built-in
Administrator account, create a new user account, with the username
desired. You can then delete the old user account(s).

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH