rename system folder?

When I setup my new computer, I made the username "Toby & Sachi" not
realizing that this would cause problems when I tried uploading documents to
my netmail account. The "&" sign is illegal for my netmail. I went in and
changed the username to use "and" but the system folder where docs are saved
still has "&". Is there anyway to change that?
1 answer Last reply
More about rename system folder

    srodes wrote:
    > When I setup my new computer, I made the username "Toby & Sachi" not
    > realizing that this would cause problems when I tried uploading documents to
    > my netmail account. The "&" sign is illegal for my netmail. I went in and
    > changed the username to use "and" but the system folder where docs are saved
    > still has "&". Is there anyway to change that?

    The user profile folders (C:\Documents and Settings\Username)
    _cannot_ be renamed, even if the associated user account has been.
    So, your best course of action would be to log on using the built-in
    Administrator account, create a new user account, with the username
    desired. You can then delete the old user account(s).

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH