Things I'm beginning to hate..

in FM2005..

1. 2 goal-salvo's..
2. 20+ shots and only 2 on target.
3. That the game doesn't stop when I have a player that got injured (but
not REAL injured) and his condition is down to 40-50.
4. the way the filter-window disappears when I want to view contract or
selection etc. when looking at my squad.
5. Playing against teams that have a grey-outed keeper and he gets MoM.
6. playing in the danish league and keep on reading about Zidan missing
training and staying away but the FC Midtjylland board not doing
anything about it.
7. playing in the danish league and apparently being able to sign most
of the better young players from the other danish clubs on freebees
after season one.
8. having a transferbudget that makes me have 14mill dkk to pay for a
new player (bought outside transferwindow and pending) and when the new
season begins, I only have 12mill dkk and cannot afford the player.

Sometimes I wonder why I play the game..
11 answers Last reply
More about things beginning hate

    "Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message
    > in FM2005..
    >
    > 1. 2 goal-salvo's..
    > 2. 20+ shots and only 2 on target.

    I had a double one of those the other night. My team had 22 shots and 2 on
    target the other team had 24 on goal and 2 on target. I scored one and they
    didn't. :) But damn the statistics look stooopid.

    --
    Fil

    Mikael Schøler wrote:

    > in FM2005..
    >
    > 1. 2 goal-salvo's..

    As expected, FM carries on what the CM4s have been doing. CM4s love, just love it, two goals
    within 5 minutes of each other. So if your side is on home ground or really dominating, continue
    attacking. Increase the attacking mentality even and get another goal within five minutes of
    scoring. It is programmed to do that.

    > 5. Playing against teams that have a grey-outed keeper and he gets MoM.

    Hurray. Grey <S>. We will never miss him. He is never going away. Which leads to the conclusion
    that SI must think a common <S> occurrence is realistic.

    The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
    > Mikael Schøler wrote:
    >

    >>in FM2005..
    >>
    >>1. 2 goal-salvo's..
    >

    > As expected, FM carries on what the CM4s have been doing. CM4s love, just love it, two goals
    > within 5 minutes of each other. So if your side is on home ground or really dominating, continue
    > attacking. Increase the attacking mentality even and get another goal within five minutes of
    > scoring. It is programmed to do that.

    I just feel they are demolishing when it happens to oneself. Not many
    matches experience such an event, so it feels like the game (or the AI)
    does it because it can.. feels.. not realistic.

    >>5. Playing against teams that have a grey-outed keeper and he gets MoM.
    >

    > Hurray. Grey <S>. We will never miss him. He is never going away. Which leads to the conclusion
    > that SI must think a common <S> occurrence is realistic.
    Yeah.. I know this is one of your babies :-) I dont dismiss it happen
    once or twice in a club's "career" but happen 2 or 3 times during a
    season is for me unrealistic. I know teams get beaten by lower league
    teams, but I feel robbed when it happens that often..

    >>6. playing in the danish league and keep on reading about Zidan missing
    >>training and staying away but the FC Midtjylland board not doing
    >>anything about it.

    It's just plain annoying.. Every week they moan about him being absent
    og missing but they state that they dont do anything about it. Fine the
    bugger and get it over with..

    "Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message
    > in FM2005..
    >
    > 3. That the game doesn't stop when I have a player that got injured (but
    > not REAL injured) and his condition is down to 40-50.

    yep, annoying, you can stop anytime clicking on opposition tactics, but you
    can't make changes to your tactics ...

    > 5. Playing against teams that have a grey-outed keeper and he gets MoM.

    some examples of the stupid game AI - I signed my major opponent GK in
    Mexican league - Tigres, contract not protected, after 5 days they sell
    their backup GK for 200K and didn't even registered 1 from 6 GKs from their
    reserves or U19 team, now they play with grey GK with rich finances

    > 6. playing in the danish league and keep on reading about Zidan missing
    > training and staying away but the FC Midtjylland board not doing
    > anything about it.

    I'd 'do' the same :-)

    > 7. playing in the danish league and apparently being able to sign most
    > of the better young players from the other danish clubs on freebees
    > after season one.

    well this is my best option, as there are only seven contracted to clubs
    outside Mexico ! players interested in joining my Continental reputation
    club, winner and runner of First Division - Monterrey, and this is in the
    division where Claudio Lopez plays, most clubs have 5 or 6(max allowed) FGN
    players in their squads, mostly from Brazil and Argentina ...

    GargoyleBG wrote:
    > "Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message
    >
    >>in FM2005..
    >>
    >>3. That the game doesn't stop when I have a player that got injured (but
    >>not REAL injured) and his condition is down to 40-50.
    >

    > yep, annoying, you can stop anytime clicking on opposition tactics, but you
    > can't make changes to your tactics ...
    >

    >>5. Playing against teams that have a grey-outed keeper and he gets MoM.
    >

    > some examples of the stupid game AI - I signed my major opponent GK in
    > Mexican league - Tigres, contract not protected, after 5 days they sell
    > their backup GK for 200K and didn't even registered 1 from 6 GKs from their
    > reserves or U19 team, now they play with grey GK with rich finances
    >

    >>6. playing in the danish league and keep on reading about Zidan missing
    >>training and staying away but the FC Midtjylland board not doing
    >>anything about it.
    >

    > I'd 'do' the same :-)
    >

    >>7. playing in the danish league and apparently being able to sign most
    >>of the better young players from the other danish clubs on freebees
    >>after season one.
    >

    > well this is my best option, as there are only seven contracted to clubs
    > outside Mexico ! players interested in joining my Continental reputation
    > club, winner and runner of First Division - Monterrey, and this is in the
    > division where Claudio Lopez plays, most clubs have 5 or 6(max allowed) FGN
    > players in their squads, mostly from Brazil and Argentina ...

    It just seems strange that the clubs doesnt give them new contracts. I
    could sign most of the youngsters of the top clubs in Denmark..

    Mikael Schøler wrote:
    > GargoyleBG wrote:
    >> "Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> in FM2005..
    >>>
    >>> 3. That the game doesn't stop when I have a player that got injured
    >>> (but not REAL injured) and his condition is down to 40-50.
    >>

    >> yep, annoying, you can stop anytime clicking on opposition tactics,
    >> but you can't make changes to your tactics ...

    It also appears that the computer can switch players and tactics whenever it
    wants, I've sat there before with the tactic button saying waiting, whilst
    the computer team will change its formation several times. They could do
    with adding a dugout style command (like in the LMA Series) where you can
    issue (shout) some commands to your players - go hide in the corner with the
    ball, every one up, or allow you to go to the tactic screen always but the
    subs don't come on until the ball goes out.

    >>> 5. Playing against teams that have a grey-outed keeper and he gets
    >>> MoM.
    >>

    >> some examples of the stupid game AI - I signed my major opponent GK
    >> in Mexican league - Tigres, contract not protected, after 5 days
    >> they sell their backup GK for 200K and didn't even registered 1 from
    >> 6 GKs from their reserves or U19 team, now they play with grey GK
    >> with rich finances

    Even worse is that Chelsea and Arsenal did that in my Sevilla game. Arsenal
    sold Lehman to Man Utd and loaned out Taylor leaving them with a useless 16
    y.o. keeper, though they did try to sign Casillas but it failed due to lack
    of funds. Chelsea spent half the season without a keeper, before signing
    Marshall from Celtic. Though by next christmas Marshall and Taylor were 2nd
    and 3rd in the European Keeper of the year. FM seems to have the same
    problem as CM03/04 the computer will sign no one for one position and too
    many for another - Chelsea have about 8 AMC's (not cheap or youngsters
    either) whilst Barcelona just keep on signing strikers, even though Eto'o is
    the only striker they seem to play.

    >>> 6. playing in the danish league and keep on reading about Zidan
    >>> missing training and staying away but the FC Midtjylland board not
    >>> doing anything about it.

    He seems to have problems no matter who he plays for Real Madrid have been
    trying to off load him for 3 years.

    >>> 7. playing in the danish league and apparently being able to sign
    >>> most of the better young players from the other danish clubs on
    >>> freebees after season one.
    >>

    >> well this is my best option, as there are only seven contracted to
    >> clubs outside Mexico ! players interested in joining my Continental
    >> reputation club, winner and runner of First Division - Monterrey,
    >> and this is in the division where Claudio Lopez plays, most clubs
    >> have 5 or 6(max allowed) FGN players in their squads, mostly from
    >> Brazil and Argentina ...
    > It just seems strange that the clubs doesnt give them new contracts. I
    > could sign most of the youngsters of the top clubs in Denmark..

    Are you playing with the 5.0.5 patch, as they have made it very hard to sign
    newly generated youngsters under 17, and not just from the approach to sign
    method, even offering a club some money and trying to buy a player the
    unprotected way would result in him turning me down, saying he wants to
    develop further at his current club.

    A couple of things that have started to annoy me:

    1. Youngsters moaning about not being in the first team, especially annoying
    when they are 17, 18 or 19. Just wish there was a response to say yes
    youngster I'll play you, leaving my 3 £30m 30-goal a season strikers on
    bench :-)

    2. Clubs bidding for players when they don't have the money, I've had At.
    Madrid try to sign Lahm off me for £50m, but it didn't go through as they
    couldn't afford it, thankfully. I've also had Edjo (I think) continuely bid
    £1m for a player, only for it not to go through due to a lack of funds.

    But considering the list of bugs CM5 has these don't look so bad :-)

    --
    Michael Murray

    "Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Mikael Schøler wrote:
    >> GargoyleBG wrote:
    >>> "Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message

    >>> yep, annoying, you can stop anytime clicking on opposition tactics,
    >>> but you can't make changes to your tactics ...
    >
    > It also appears that the computer can switch players and tactics whenever
    > it wants,

    Indeed. I find it most annoying when I've been on "waiting" for a long time
    only to have the ball go out of play, the oppoent make tactical changes and
    substitutions and then I stay on waiting for another 5-10 minutes before I
    can make a change. You'd think that'd be simple to sort out.

    Still after playing CMO for a bit, the bugs in FM just don't seem so bad at
    all. Lol.

    --
    Fil

    Michael Murray wrote:

    > He seems to have problems no matter who he plays for Real Madrid have been
    > trying to off load him for 3 years.

    Well I signed him for my Ob game, so lets see how he performs for
    another danish team :)

    >>>well this is my best option, as there are only seven contracted to
    >>>clubs outside Mexico ! players interested in joining my Continental
    >>>reputation club, winner and runner of First Division - Monterrey,
    >>>and this is in the division where Claudio Lopez plays, most clubs
    >>>have 5 or 6(max allowed) FGN players in their squads, mostly from
    >>>Brazil and Argentina ...
    >>
    >>It just seems strange that the clubs doesnt give them new contracts. I
    >>could sign most of the youngsters of the top clubs in Denmark..
    >

    > Are you playing with the 5.0.5 patch, as they have made it very hard to sign
    > newly generated youngsters under 17, and not just from the approach to sign
    > method, even offering a club some money and trying to buy a player the
    > unprotected way would result in him turning me down, saying he wants to
    > develop further at his current club.
    Nope it's 5.0.3 but I'm not talking about regens but youngsters already
    in the game.

    Mikael Schøler wrote:

    >> He seems to have problems no matter who he plays for Real Madrid
    >> have been trying to off load him for 3 years.
    >>
    > Well I signed him for my Ob game, so lets see how he performs for
    > another danish team :)

    Don't say you weren't warned :-) (Though stropy players can sometimes be
    advantageous - I've signed Rio Ferdinard and Antonio Cassano after they have
    been unhappy at Utd and Roma and often missing training, but I've never had
    any problems with them)

    >>> It just seems strange that the clubs doesnt give them new
    >>> contracts. I could sign most of the youngsters of the top clubs in
    >>> Denmark..
    >>

    >> Are you playing with the 5.0.5 patch, as they have made it very hard
    >> to sign newly generated youngsters under 17, and not just from the
    >> approach to sign method, even offering a club some money and trying
    >> to buy a player the unprotected way would result in him turning me
    >> down, saying he wants to develop further at his current club.
    > Nope it's 5.0.3 but I'm not talking about regens but youngsters
    > already in the game.

    Freddy Adu won't leave DC United in my new game, I haven't tried to sign any
    other youngsters (Though I did get Christen Pander from Schalke just after
    he agreed a new contract, on less money and for only £500K, when he was
    worth £650K though the Schalke fans didn't seem to mind, unlike when I
    bought him in my Sevilla games for about £2m)
    I'd also recommend against upgraded to 5.0.5, it seemed to bring back old
    bugs in my Sevilla game, (Though 5.0.3 could have done the same had I kept
    it for more than a few game months)

    --
    Michael Murray

    Michael Murray wrote:

    > Mikael Schøler wrote:
    > > GargoyleBG wrote:
    > >> "Mikael Schøler" <mikBLA_s@BLAtdcadsl.BLAdk> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> yep, annoying, you can stop anytime clicking on opposition tactics,
    > >> but you can't make changes to your tactics ...
    >
    > It also appears that the computer can switch players and tactics whenever it
    > wants, I've sat there before with the tactic button saying waiting, whilst
    > the computer team will change its formation several times.

    Not it appears but it is fact. Comp. teams can change tactics and formation any time they like.
    The human, however, may not even get to do that despite having clicked on the button for ages
    for two consecutive stoppages. SI have never changed this.

    > They could do with adding a dugout style command (like in the LMA Series) where you can
    > issue (shout) some commands to your players - go hide in the corner with the
    > ball, every one up, or allow you to go to the tactic screen always but the
    > subs don't come on until the ball goes out.

    I suggested a right clickable drop-down menu before with a pared down version of the
    team/individual tactics options. You can set up some basic formations/tactics to use when in
    certain situations, like having just scored AND especially when a player is out of play due to
    injury.
    (The AI is so damn dumb it does not realise you have a big hole in defence when the DC is being
    treated for an injury and all the players continue as if he was there. Just fix the AI so it
    behaves like a player has been sent off with the remaining players covering for the deficit. Is
    it that hard?)

    > 2. Clubs bidding for players when they don't have the money, I've had At.
    > Madrid try to sign Lahm off me for £50m, but it didn't go through as they
    > couldn't afford it, thankfully. I've also had Edjo (I think) continuely bid
    > £1m for a player, only for it not to go through due to a lack of funds.

    Or they do not sign anyone AT ALL after more than five seasons despite being super rich
    resulting in using greys in most matches. Or they can but only to end up in bankrupcy almost
    immediately. No foresight (i.e. no checks in the AI). Nothing new. They do not want to change it
    so, you know, you either lump it or be done with it.

    > But considering the list of bugs CM5 has these don't look so bad :-)

    Eibloodydos. I mean, naysayers have been saying since the first screenies on the cm5 website
    were shown this was not going to go well. And they bloody hell went and proved them right. The
    cmonline thing (while I do welcome it for the push it may give a real online footie like CM/FM)
    was a wash-out from the start. Fancy using a flashgame to tag on the CM name and pretend it is
    CM.

    Em Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:18:01 -0000, Michael Murray
    <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> [...]
    > unprotected way would result in him turning me down, saying he wants to
    > develop further at his current club.
    >
    > A couple of things that have started to annoy me:
    >
    > 1. Youngsters moaning about not being in the first team, especially
    > annoying
    > when they are 17, 18 or 19. Just wish there was a response to say yes
    > youngster I'll play you, leaving my 3 £30m 30-goal a season strikers on
    > bench :-)
    >
    > 2. Clubs bidding for players when they don't have the money, I've had At.
    > Madrid try to sign Lahm off me for £50m, but it didn't go through as they
    > couldn't afford it, thankfully. I've also had Edjo (I think) continuely
    > bid
    > £1m for a player, only for it not to go through due to a lack of funds.
    >
    > But considering the list of bugs CM5 has these don't look so bad :-)

    another damned bug was Smertin saying every single day for three months
    that if he was not going to be on first team that he would leave, but as
    he was at reserves tagged as not needed and already signed for Villa after
    his contract end, it's just a big annoying bug!

    --
    Eduardo Liguori

Video Games