Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk

I continue to get this error message on boot up. I have done (4)
non-destructive restores, (3) destructive restores and a restore from an
actual Windows XP disk. The other restores were from a partitioned area on
the hard drive. (HP) I can get by this error if when it initially starts to
boot I hit F1 and enter the BIOS, hit F10 (without making any changes) and
then it will boot up with no problem. I have installed SP2 and all updates,
I have gone completely through the troubleshooter and the result was this
problem cannot be fixed by the troubleshooter. I am one step away from
shooting it....pretty expensive shot though. Any ideas or things I could
have missed??

Blackhorse, take a look here
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20525324.html

"Blackhorse" <Blackhorse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I continue to get this error message on boot up. I have done (4)
> non-destructive restores, (3) destructive restores and a restore from an
> actual Windows XP disk. The other restores were from a partitioned area
> on
> the hard drive. (HP) I can get by this error if when it initially starts
> boot I hit F1 and enter the BIOS, hit F10 (without making any changes) and
> then it will boot up with no problem. I have installed SP2 and all
> updates,
> I have gone completely through the troubleshooter and the result was this
> problem cannot be fixed by the troubleshooter. I am one step away from
> shooting it....pretty expensive shot though. Any ideas or things I could
> have missed??

Rich thank you so much for the link. I was unable to see the solution cause
money is a tad tight at the moment. This does look like an awesome site
though and will bookmark it for later. Thanks again

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Blackhorse, take a look here
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20525324.html
>
> "Blackhorse" <Blackhorse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I continue to get this error message on boot up. I have done (4)
> > non-destructive restores, (3) destructive restores and a restore from an
> > actual Windows XP disk. The other restores were from a partitioned area
> > on
> > the hard drive. (HP) I can get by this error if when it initially starts
> > boot I hit F1 and enter the BIOS, hit F10 (without making any changes) and
> > then it will boot up with no problem. I have installed SP2 and all
> > updates,
> > I have gone completely through the troubleshooter and the result was this
> > problem cannot be fixed by the troubleshooter. I am one step away from
> > shooting it....pretty expensive shot though. Any ideas or things I could
> > have missed??

"Insert boot disk" or "No operating system found" are usually indicative of
BIOS failure to recognize the HD and that seems to be the cause of your
problem. BIOS setting for drive detection is normally set at "Automatic"
which is effective even though F10 is selected.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

TRENDING THREADS