Restarting randomly

My computer will restart randomly at any time. The event viewer shows

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00006716, parameter2 00000005, parameter3
00000008, parameter4 00006716.

How can this be fixed?

Hi,

Generally indicates a driver error. Is a dump file created (minidump)?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer will restart randomly at any time. The event viewer shows
>
> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00006716, parameter2 00000005, parameter3
> 00000008, parameter4 00006716.
>

> How can this be fixed?

I'm having a similar problem. Stop 0x000000be error at F1ccc7EA which occurs
while using IE6. No new software or hardware to cause it, though it seemed
to have begun after installing XP SP2. Error message mentions tcpip.sys. Is
there a way to replace that file and stop the problem?

--
Jim Kainen
Kainen@rcn.com