Robert

I posted in the other newsgroup but didn't get much help, so I am trying here
also.
I just reinstalled win XP Pro and now when it boots it hangs for about 1
minute then goes to the black screen with the white progress bar on the
bottum and it goes extremely slow.?

Try tapping F8 at start-up,select,safe mode,enter as administrator,then
R.click
my computer,properties,advanced,start up recovery.The scroll bar should read
"microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fast detect Or Pro for home,if
diffrent,
or other lines exist,edit,delete,then close out.