O.E Links

I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working although the
normal address bar works ok.
Running XP Pro.
any help or information on correcting this problem would be most appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about links

    Popular cause is loss of "file association" regarding HTML extensions. The
    following may help:

    Control panel>Folder options>File types>Hi-light "HTML" under extensions
    column - in lower dialogue box it should state that IE is used - if not -
    click on "change" and select IE from listing - check box to use IE all
    times.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    Try the following steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run
    2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit ENTER)
    after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
    receive an error)

    If that doesn't work, then look at:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
    OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
    Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679
    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a
    Link

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
    Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP

    belto wrote:
    > I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working
    > although the normal address bar works ok.
    > Running XP Pro.
    > any help or information on correcting this problem would be most
    > appreciated

    I have done the urlmon.dll bit and the websettings and also sfx /scannow andd
    nothing has worked I would "Like" answers. I want my links clickable.
    --
    Paul Welborn

    "TaurArian" wrote:

    > Try the following steps:
    > 1. Click Start, click Run
    > 2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit ENTER)
    > after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
    > regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    > regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    > regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    > regsvr32 browseui.dll
    > regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
    > receive an error)
    >

    > If that doesn't work, then look at:
    >

    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
    > OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
    > Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679
    > You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a
    > Link
    >

    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
    > Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP
    >

    > belto wrote:
    > > I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working
    > > although the normal address bar works ok.
    > > Running XP Pro.
    > > any help or information on correcting this problem would be most
    > > appreciated

    OE6-specific newsgroup:
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&lang=en&cr=US

    pwelborn wrote:
    > I have done the urlmon.dll bit and the websettings and also sfx
    > /scannow andd nothing has worked I would "Like" answers. I want my
    > links clickable.
    >
    >> Try the following steps:
    >> 1. Click Start, click Run
    >> 2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK
    >> (or hit ENTER) after each command (noting the space between the 2
    >> and the next letter): regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    >> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    >> regsvr32 browseui.dll
    >> regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer
    >> and you may receive an error)
    >>

    >> If that doesn't work, then look at:
    >>

    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
    >> OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express
    >> as Default
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
    >> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679
    >> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
    >> After You Click a Link
    >>

    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
    >> Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on
    >> WinXP
    >>

    >> belto wrote:
    >>> I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working
    >>> although the normal address bar works ok.
    >>> Running XP Pro.
    >>> any help or information on correcting this problem would be most
    >>> appreciated

Outlook Express Support Microsoft Windows XP