Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

O.E Links

Tags:
  • Outlook Express
  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 11:33:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working although the
normal address bar works ok.
Running XP Pro.
any help or information on correcting this problem would be most appreciated

More about : links

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 8:28:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Popular cause is loss of "file association" regarding HTML extensions. The
following may help:

Control panel>Folder options>File types>Hi-light "HTML" under extensions
column - in lower dialogue box it should state that IE is used - if not -
click on "change" and select IE from listing - check box to use IE all
times.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 11:55:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Try the following steps:
1. Click Start, click Run
2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit ENTER)
after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
receive an error)


If that doesn't work, then look at:


http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679
You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a
Link


http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP


belto wrote:
> I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working
> although the normal address bar works ok.
> Running XP Pro.
> any help or information on correcting this problem would be most
> appreciated
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:35:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have done the urlmon.dll bit and the websettings and also sfx /scannow andd
nothing has worked I would "Like" answers. I want my links clickable.
--
Paul Welborn


"TaurArian" wrote:

> Try the following steps:
> 1. Click Start, click Run
> 2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK (or hit ENTER)
> after each command (noting the space between the 2 and the next letter):
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
> regsvr32 browseui.dll
> regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer and you may
> receive an error)
>
>
> If that doesn't work, then look at:
>
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
> OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679
> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a
> Link
>
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
> Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on WinXP
>
>
> belto wrote:
> > I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working
> > although the normal address bar works ok.
> > Running XP Pro.
> > any help or information on correcting this problem would be most
> > appreciated
>
>
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 12:31:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

OE6-specific newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


pwelborn wrote:
> I have done the urlmon.dll bit and the websettings and also sfx
> /scannow andd nothing has worked I would "Like" answers. I want my
> links clickable.
>
>> Try the following steps:
>> 1. Click Start, click Run
>> 2. Type the following commands in the Run dialog box, and click OK
>> (or hit ENTER) after each command (noting the space between the 2
>> and the next letter): regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
>> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>> regsvr32 browseui.dll
>> regsvr32 msjava.dll (NB Java may not be installed on your computer
>> and you may receive an error)
>>
>>
>> If that doesn't work, then look at:
>>
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
>> OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express
>> as Default
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
>> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679
>> You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens
>> After You Click a Link
>>
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841793
>> Some links in Outlook Express messages may not work on Win2000 or on
>> WinXP
>>
>>
>> belto wrote:
>>> I am having problems with my Outlook Express Links not working
>>> although the normal address bar works ok.
>>> Running XP Pro.
>>> any help or information on correcting this problem would be most
>>> appreciated