TECH: Nintendo locks

I purchased a Donkey Kong Cocktail that had the locks drilled.
The gizmos the held the table top down (and the coin box
closed) are in my possession and still intact.

Can someone point me to a source for replacement locks?

S.W.
5 answers Last reply
More about tech nintendo locks

    Scott Watson <baudtender1*DELETETHIS*@comcast.net> wrote in news:MPG.1ce78891b256b4b2989682@newsgroups.comcast.net:

    > I purchased a Donkey Kong Cocktail that had the locks drilled.
    > The gizmos the held the table top down (and the coin box
    > closed) are in my possession and still intact.
    >
    > Can someone point me to a source for replacement locks?

    Not sure if these will work, but I've got a lot of them:

    http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&id=1

    --
    Do you want a free iPod?
    http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

    "Peale" <apeale69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Scott Watson <baudtender1*DELETETHIS*@comcast.net> wrote in
    >
    > > I purchased a Donkey Kong Cocktail that had the locks drilled.
    > > The gizmos the held the table top down (and the coin box
    > > closed) are in my possession and still intact.
    > >
    > > Can someone point me to a source for replacement locks?
    >
    > Not sure if these will work, but I've got a lot of them:
    >
    > http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&id=1

    Those Won't work, but these

    http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&id=15

    will, because I bought them from you, and used them for the exact same
    purpose!

    Ron

    P.S., great seller, nice locks.

    "Ron Lyons" <LyonsronnieREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > "Peale" <apeale69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Scott Watson <baudtender1*DELETETHIS*@comcast.net> wrote in
    >>
    >> > I purchased a Donkey Kong Cocktail that had the locks drilled.
    >> > The gizmos the held the table top down (and the coin box
    >> > closed) are in my possession and still intact.
    >> >
    >> > Can someone point me to a source for replacement locks?
    >>
    >> Not sure if these will work, but I've got a lot of them:
    >>
    >> http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&
    >> id=1
    >

    > Those Won't work, but these
    >
    > http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&i
    > d=15
    >
    > will, because I bought them from you, and used them for the exact same
    > purpose!

    Huh! Now why won't the others work? They fit in the same hole, right?
    And they're the same length. It's just too bad I don't have any more.
    Well...Actually I've got three more, IIRC.

    > P.S., great seller, nice locks.

    Thanks a bunch!

    --

    > "Ron Lyons" <LyonsronnieREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    > > "Peale" <apeale69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Scott Watson <baudtender1*DELETETHIS*@comcast.net> wrote in

    > >> Not sure if these will work, but I've got a lot of them:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&
    > >> id=1
    > >

    > > Those Won't work, but these
    > >
    > > http://www.pealefamily.net/cgi-bin/closedShop/Item.pl?action=ShowItem&i
    > > d=15
    > >
    > > will, because I bought them from you, and used them for the exact same
    > > purpose!
    >
    > Huh! Now why won't the others work? They fit in the same hole, right?
    > And they're the same length. It's just too bad I don't have any more.
    > Well...Actually I've got three more, IIRC.
    >
    > > P.S., great seller, nice locks.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch!

    It's because the locks are made differently. The double bitted ones have a
    screw, that screws into the lock, where the barrel ones have a nut that goes
    over the nut in the lock. The way the lock mechanism is made on the
    cocktails, you need the one that a nut goes on the end of. Basically the
    cab has it's own cam, and the cam on the cab won't fit over the type that
    has the screw in the back.

    Ron

    I have a few NOS Nintendo locks. Just the lock part...no cam, key, cam
    nut or pal nut. IIRC, Nintendo used the same key # on all their back
    doors. When I bought out a distributor, I found this bag of locks in the
    Nintendo box.

    -Stephen

Games Video Nintendo Video Games