Duct tape mod, use flash light & gun together

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Everybody make sure to read the README. It has something about saved games while using the mod. According to it, its best to use when starting a new level. I tried it, looks good.

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I don't understand why anyone would want to use this mod. The whole point of DoomIII is to be scary and suspensefull isn't it? It's scary as [-peep-] to be going down a hall and it go dark, have to switch to your flashlight, see or hear something come, switch back to your gun, and battle it out in semi darkness.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

eden

Champion
Honestly I find the flashlight switching thing not to be so bad, and works nicely for the atmosphere. Not quite bothered personally.

--

<font color=red>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
<font color=white>XXXXXXX<font color=green>S<font color=white>XXXXXXX
XXXXXX<font color=green>SSS<font color=white>XXXXXX
XXXXX<font color=green>SS<font color=orange>g</font color=orange>SS<font color=white>XXXXX
<font color=red>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN</font color=green></font color=white>

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Those using this mod are nothing else than cheater. I have no respect for cheaters.

Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb)
Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/360)
1024mb pc3200 (5-3-3-2)
Asus A7N8X-X

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
No interest in using it personally, but have to have some realism in games, you'd think a marine in 2145 would be able to handle attachign a flashlight to his gun same way we've been doing for 20 yearsor so even now

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Maybe there is no ducktape in the station!

Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb)
Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/360)
1024mb pc3200 (5-3-3-2)
Asus A7N8X-X

BirdRobin

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003
Yeah, maybe they use glue =E

AMD A64 3200+ (2.2GHz Newcastle)
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1GB Corsair DDR400 ValueSelect (CL2.5)
R9600Pro @ 500mhz Core, 340mhz Memory

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
What ever am I going to do without your respect? I need it like a fish needs water.

<font color=blue>The day <font color=green>Microsoft</font color=green> will make something that doesn't suck is the day they'll start making vacuum cleaners.</font color=blue>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Well, the use of this mod is basically for the same reason why anybody would require a gun rather than a knife/chainsaw in a game like doom3. I am doing without it bcos i think its buggy, its goes on and off. I still love the game as is though its not cheating when using the mod as others say. If you call this cheating then stop using anything other than the chainsaw or else u r also cheating.
Well i guess this is why certain reviews online have rated doom3 gameplay <9. Its logically incorrect to be living on mars without guns or helmets with lights.

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=99111&v=0" target="_new">Heres</A> is a list of Doom 3 mods. They are more for multiplayer action, like the Fight Club Mod. I cant wait to box around people in the multiplayer.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Um, your logic is messed up. Why is using a gun cheating? You smoking the green stuff?

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
well, all i wanted to say, anything that makes the game a BIT (only a BIT) easier cannot be considered cheating. its still scary with the flash light (which is only on 1-2 weapons). A game that looks/feels good without compromises such as flash lights with guns, is a really EXCELLENT game. And Doom 3 misses it by a mark. But whatever, its still really good and i love it.
No i wasnt smoking green stuff, i m out of it. But i did play the game 2 days ago after gulping 10 beers, and after that i wanted to play doom in real life.

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Heh, cool.

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>
<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>

eden

Champion
I don't understand why anyone would want to use this mod. The whole point of DoomIII is to be scary and suspensefull isn't it? It's scary as [-peep-] to be going down a hall and it go dark, have to switch to your flashlight, see or hear something come, switch back to your gun, and battle it out in semi darkness.
BTW I believe DH was being sarcastic to you Priyajeet. That's his style of posting anyways.

--

XXXXX<font color=green>SS<font color=orange>g</font color=orange>SS<font color=white>XXXXX

eden

Champion
I'm guessing they have gotten so advanced they forget about old fashioned fully functional items like ducttape and glue hehehe.

Or maybe on Mars these things have problems working?

Bah what am I talking about, even screws would do do the thing. Unless the whole place is made without screws?

:eek:

DUM DUM DUM! :wink:

--

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Well I think that the game should have had weapons with integrated flashlights but never was, to promote the spook. Ill try it later but right now I just got my right mouse button to quickly switch between weapons and flashlight.

Speaking of the devil, PATCH HERE!! Every bloddy time I use the PDA, consoles, or go into a new level it seems to loose my quickswitch from light to last used weapon. This pisses me off when I get ambused.

Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2420mhz 11x220 1.7v
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro to XT(463/795)

eden

Champion
I think they figured that the LED displays on the guns provided adequate lighting in a dark area so they did away with gun flashlights altogether! :lol:

--