  • User Accounts
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 9, 2005 5:09:01 AM

log in as administrator. Then I click Start / Control Panel / User Accounts
- There are no user accounts listed. If I Right Click on My Computer - select
Manage - the "Local Users and Groups" item is missing.

Can anyone help. I've tried reinstalling SP2 but it did not fix the problem.
Thanks for any replies.

More about : unable create user accounts

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 4:31:23 PM

start/run, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40387090-CE91-469B-A78F-92A5C1B23023@microsoft.com...
> log in as administrator. Then I click Start / Control Panel / User Accounts
> - There are no user accounts listed. If I Right Click on My Computer - select
> Manage - the "Local Users and Groups" item is missing.
>
> Can anyone help. I've tried reinstalling SP2 but it did not fix the problem.
> Thanks for any replies.
January 8, 2012 4:52:54 PM

Thanks that was a quick fix. I dont play often with XP home.
January 8, 2012 4:57:36 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened