XP Unable to create user accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

log in as administrator. Then I click Start / Control Panel / User Accounts
- There are no user accounts listed. If I Right Click on My Computer - select
Manage - the "Local Users and Groups" item is missing.

Can anyone help. I've tried reinstalling SP2 but it did not fix the problem.
Thanks for any replies.

start/run, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509