Closed

XP Unable to create user accounts

log in as administrator. Then I click Start / Control Panel / User Accounts
- There are no user accounts listed. If I Right Click on My Computer - select
Manage - the "Local Users and Groups" item is missing.

Can anyone help. I've tried reinstalling SP2 but it did not fix the problem.
Thanks for any replies.
3 answers Last reply
More about unable create user accounts

    start/run, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40387090-CE91-469B-A78F-92A5C1B23023@microsoft.com...
    > log in as administrator. Then I click Start / Control Panel / User Accounts
    > - There are no user accounts listed. If I Right Click on My Computer - select
    > Manage - the "Local Users and Groups" item is missing.
    >
    > Can anyone help. I've tried reinstalling SP2 but it did not fix the problem.
    > Thanks for any replies.
  2. Thanks that was a quick fix. I dont play often with XP home.
  3. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP