Advanced System Info prob

Hello everyone,
Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Information
When running I get in the right hand side where information should be -
Cant collect information.
Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software.
Windows Management files may be moved or missing.

Anyone got any clues to help with this one please.
p.s this one is without the screen picture.
1 answer Last reply
More about advanced system info prob

    In news:427f35cf$0$5176$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
    C&S-M <cgsam(remove this)@optusnet.com.au> had this to say:

    > Hello everyone,
    > Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Information
    > When running I get in the right hand side where information should be
    > - Cant collect information.
    > Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software.
    > Windows Management files may be moved or missing.
    >
    > Anyone got any clues to help with this one please.
    > p.s this one is without the screen picture.

    Start > Run > type "services.msc" without the quotes > hit enter

    Start (set to automatic) Remote Procedure Call and Windows Management
    Instrumentation services.

    If those are already started then you may be needing to open the control
    panel, click on admin tools, component services. Dig down to DCOM Config
    under Component services, find and right click on WMI, select properties,
    and then under the security section set it to allow for your user or user
    group.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Support Microsoft Windows Management Accessories Windows XP