8300 mobo in XPS Gen 3 Case

Problem; Dell 8300 motherboard in a new Dell XPS Gen 3 case.

The on/off button isn't the problem i think. But the powersuply i am not
sure about it. If i chekc fotos i see the same 2x12 pins connector, however
the colorsheme of the cables is different. Did anyone did try this or
succeeded this "transplant"

I thought XPS Gen 2 and 8300 shares the same motherboard. So the powersuply
should fit.

Is the powersuply from Gen 2 and 3 the same?

harrie

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Problem; Dell 8300 motherboard in a new Dell XPS Gen 3 case.
>
> The on/off button isn't the problem i think. But the powersuply i am
> not sure about it. If i chekc fotos i see the same 2x12 pins
> connector, however the colorsheme of the cables is different. Did
> anyone did try this or succeeded this "transplant"
>
> I thought XPS Gen 2 and 8300 shares the same motherboard. So the
> powersuply should fit.
>
> Is the powersuply from Gen 2 and 3 the same?
>
> harrie

Go here and check this out. The Gen3 is 24 pin PCI Express.
The 8300 is 20 pin ATX with AGP. The Gen 2 is bizarre and totally
different from either one.

However, the 8300 should work ok with the Gen 3 power
supply, just make sure you line up the pin 1's and let
the 4 extras be unused. The first 10 pins on each side
are the same.

Sorry here's the link.
http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~cat=12&~subcat=84