Dual Monitors with a Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbatt1089

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hello,

Currently for school they have us using a Toshiba Tecra A11 laptop, and I would like to hook it up to my dual monitor setup I have with my PC at home. What would be the best way to do that and have an extended display? I've been looking around at docking stations and splitters, I'd love a docking station but they seem to be pretty expensive if you want dual monitor support. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You should just have to plug in the second monitor and be done. It should default to extended but if not go into display properties and select extended. If you mean 2 external monitors then yes some splitter or dock is needed. But then that would be triple so I'm unsure as to what you want.

jbatt1089

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Sorry I was so vague, I don't want to use my laptop monitor at all. Simply just the two external monitors that I use for my PC build, I use a dock at work that has both a dvi and vga port for a dual external monitor setup...would that be the best way to go? I just don't want to have to spend ~$200 unless I absolutely have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.