Item locked in taskbar

I hope I've got the terminology correct. I assume the taskbar is where the
bars appear that show which programs are currently executing.

I have an item that has locked itself in the bar, that is a directory
listing of the folder where msn chat histories are stored. I have a short
cut to that folder in my Quick Launch bar but I dont want this item sitting
in the taskbar. It has a stretch bar on it that has enabled me to minimise
it to just showing one of the files but I really want to get rid of it. If I
move the stretch item out a 'button' appears for each of the files in that
directory.

This appeared recently when I maybe slipped fingers on the mouse/keyboard
and I dont know what I did so I dont know how to reverse it.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:5DBD82AD-52B3-4010-8809-84EA65372ED5@microsoft.com,
Philip Hunt <Philip Hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I hope I've got the terminology correct. I assume the taskbar is
> where the bars appear that show which programs are currently
> executing.
>
> I have an item that has locked itself in the bar, that is a directory
> listing of the folder where msn chat histories are stored. I have a
> short cut to that folder in my Quick Launch bar but I dont want this
> item sitting in the taskbar. It has a stretch bar on it that has
> enabled me to minimise it to just showing one of the files but I
> really want to get rid of it. If I move the stretch item out a
> 'button' appears for each of the files in that directory.
>
> This appeared recently when I maybe slipped fingers on the
> mouse/keyboard and I dont know what I did so I dont know how to
> reverse it.

When you right click the taskbar, and select toolbars is there a folder
listing in there? If you untick it does it go away?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Thank you very much. The simplest action but I just couldnt work it out.
--
Graewood Business Services, Kwinana, Perth, Western Australia

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:5DBD82AD-52B3-4010-8809-84EA65372ED5@microsoft.com,
> Philip Hunt <Philip Hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > I hope I've got the terminology correct. I assume the taskbar is
> > where the bars appear that show which programs are currently
> > executing.
> >
> > I have an item that has locked itself in the bar, that is a directory
> > listing of the folder where msn chat histories are stored. I have a
> > short cut to that folder in my Quick Launch bar but I dont want this
> > item sitting in the taskbar. It has a stretch bar on it that has
> > enabled me to minimise it to just showing one of the files but I
> > really want to get rid of it. If I move the stretch item out a
> > 'button' appears for each of the files in that directory.
> >
> > This appeared recently when I maybe slipped fingers on the
> > mouse/keyboard and I dont know what I did so I dont know how to
> > reverse it.
>
> When you right click the taskbar, and select toolbars is there a folder
> listing in there? If you untick it does it go away?
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:0B7C3204-35D7-484A-B15A-4218E0FDD4F1@microsoft.com,
Philip Mark Hunt <PhilipMarkHunt@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thank you very much. The simplest action but I just couldnt work it
> out.

No worries mate, they're usually pretty simple. I've just had too many
lonely nights so I've done that before. <g>

Galen

Sherlock Holmes