I'm looking to buy a new laptop for graduate school - I've had a Dell for the past several years but it is starting to show its age and is no longer very portable.
1. What is your budget?
I'd like to keep it under $700 if possible.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Standard is fine
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
While it will spend a good chunk of time on my desk, it needs to be versatile enough to go to class with me.
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not a huge priority for me.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do some basic photo editing with freeware but nothing hugely resource intensive. It will mainly be used for web surfing & chatting, word processing, statistical packages, and video streaming (Hulu, Netflix) as a cable tv substitute. I'd like it to multitask easily.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 GB would be just fine.