vertical hold problem and no sound

hello everyone. i'm new!

i bought this street fighter cabinet and decided to swap out street fighter
with streetfighter 2 CE. i got the sf2 PCB and tried to swap it out but the
harness didnt connect right. i had to lie the cabinet down on its side so i
could adjust the harness to get the new board to fit. now that i got it in
and connected up there is this horrible vertical hold problem. the image
keeps dropping, and doing it pretty quick. there also isnt any sound.

since im new i dont know what to do. i was thinking there might be a
vertical hold adjustment on the monitor but i dont want to go touching it
without knowing where to touch. i really am lost and would appreciate as
much help as possible.

thank you
denny

ok, so i found the vertical hold nob on the monitor and turned it and the
constant scrolling got worst, i then turned it the other way and it got
better, no more scolling screen. but the picture still wasnt right. i
adjusted
the horizantal position and the brightness and the picture got better, but
still not quite right. so i adjusted the horizontal position, brightness,
and contrast just a little bit more and now all i get is a white screen. the
only things i can make out are the burnt in spots from the street fighter
game that was in it before. i moved the nobs back, no difference at all. i
moved then all one way, then the other, and still nothing. did i break it?
can i fix it? i dont know.

please help

"Jason Denman" <denny1824@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> hello everyone. i'm new!
>
> i bought this street fighter cabinet and decided to swap out street
fighter
> with streetfighter 2 CE. i got the sf2 PCB and tried to swap it out but
the
> harness didnt connect right. i had to lie the cabinet down on its side so
> could adjust the harness to get the new board to fit. now that i got it in
> and connected up there is this horrible vertical hold problem. the image
> keeps dropping, and doing it pretty quick. there also isnt any sound.
>
> since im new i dont know what to do. i was thinking there might be a
> vertical hold adjustment on the monitor but i dont want to go touching it
> without knowing where to touch. i really am lost and would appreciate as
> much help as possible.
>
> thank you
> denny

What's the make/model of the monitor?

> ok, so i found the vertical hold nob on the monitor and turned it and the
> constant scrolling got worst, i then turned it the other way and it got
> better, no more scolling screen. but the picture still wasnt right. i
> adjusted
> the horizantal position and the brightness and the picture got better, but
> still not quite right. so i adjusted the horizontal position, brightness,
> and contrast just a little bit more and now all i get is a white screen.
> the
> only things i can make out are the burnt in spots from the street fighter
> game that was in it before. i moved the nobs back, no difference at all. i
> moved then all one way, then the other, and still nothing. did i break it?
> can i fix it? i dont know.
>
> please help
>
> "Jason Denman" <denny1824@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> hello everyone. i'm new!
>>
>> i bought this street fighter cabinet and decided to swap out street
> fighter
>> with streetfighter 2 CE. i got the sf2 PCB and tried to swap it out but
> the
>> harness didnt connect right. i had to lie the cabinet down on its side so
>> could adjust the harness to get the new board to fit. now that i got it
>> in
>> and connected up there is this horrible vertical hold problem. the image
>> keeps dropping, and doing it pretty quick. there also isnt any sound.
>>
>> since im new i dont know what to do. i was thinking there might be a
>> vertical hold adjustment on the monitor but i dont want to go touching it
>> without knowing where to touch. i really am lost and would appreciate as
>> much help as possible.
>>
>> thank you
>> denny

well, the tube says Philips ECG MVA48BKO5X and there is also a sticker on
monitor that has the MVA48ABKO5X and a sticker that has a circled SA and
then LR 41155. I dont know what any of that means or how to tell what really
is the make/model of the monitor.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> What's the make/model of the monitor?

ok... NOTHING on the tube means anything... we need to know the actual model
of the "chasis" which is the circuit board... something that says 4900,
4600, G7, etc. see anyting like that?

> well, the tube says Philips ECG MVA48BKO5X and there is also a sticker on
> monitor that has the MVA48ABKO5X and a sticker that has a circled SA and
> then LR 41155. I dont know what any of that means or how to tell what
> really
> is the make/model of the monitor.
>
> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> What's the make/model of the monitor?

the only thing i can find on the chasis that doesnt seem to be labeling just
a part of the circuit board is P447

> ok... NOTHING on the tube means anything... we need to know the actual
model
> of the "chasis" which is the circuit board... something that says 4900,
> 4600, G7, etc. see anyting like that?
>
> "Jason Denman" <denny1824@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > well, the tube says Philips ECG MVA48BKO5X and there is also a sticker
on
> > monitor that has the MVA48ABKO5X and a sticker that has a circled SA and
> > then LR 41155. I dont know what any of that means or how to tell what
> > really
> > is the make/model of the monitor.
> >
> > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> What's the make/model of the monitor?

terry

That's a wells-gardner k7000 This link might be helpful to you:
http://slot-tech-ftp.serveftp.com:8080/technical_department/monitors/flowcharts/K7000flo.jpg

My board looks practically new, but I have had several problems with bad
solder connections. I've had to reflow solder to several loose locations to
get the monitor working again.

> the only thing i can find on the chasis that doesnt seem to be labeling
> just
> a part of the circuit board is P447
>
> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> ok... NOTHING on the tube means anything... we need to know the actual
> model
>> of the "chasis" which is the circuit board... something that says 4900,
>> 4600, G7, etc. see anyting like that?
>>
>> "Jason Denman" <denny1824@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > well, the tube says Philips ECG MVA48BKO5X and there is also a sticker
> on
>> > monitor that has the MVA48ABKO5X and a sticker that has a circled SA
>> > and
>> > then LR 41155. I dont know what any of that means or how to tell what
>> > really
>> > is the make/model of the monitor.
>> >
>> > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message

humm... sounds like something went south on you.

A couple possibilities:
1. IC1 went bad
2. VR6 went bad
3. VR7 went bad

Since you were fiddling around with VR6 & 7 at the time it stoped
functioning I suspect that one of the sweepers on the brightness or contrast
pot is now an almost-open (probably around 500K ohms or so) instead of the
nominal 2K ohms.

You're probably going to need to replace one or both of the pots.

Do you have a soldering iron and an ohm meter. It's easy enought to remove
the part and test the resistance at a few sweep positions to verify if it's
still good or not. At least if it's broken it's only a $1 part (plus $6 in
shipping if you get it from bob roberts (sigh... like i've never done THAT
before :( ).

Does someone else know if an open brighness pot will drive the display white
or dark on a K7000?

steve

"Jason Denman" <denny1824@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> the only thing i can find on the chasis that doesnt seem to be labeling
> just
> a part of the circuit board is P447
>
> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> ok... NOTHING on the tube means anything... we need to know the actual
> model
>> of the "chasis" which is the circuit board... something that says 4900,
>> 4600, G7, etc. see anyting like that?
>>
>> "Jason Denman" <denny1824@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > well, the tube says Philips ECG MVA48BKO5X and there is also a sticker
> on
>> > monitor that has the MVA48ABKO5X and a sticker that has a circled SA
>> > and
>> > then LR 41155. I dont know what any of that means or how to tell what
>> > really
>> > is the make/model of the monitor.
>> >
>> > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message

TRENDING THREADS