Un-install and re-install XP?

I bought XP intending to load it on the next system I build. In the
meantime, I have installed it onto my existing system upgrading from Me to XP.

I have lost some of my printer functions with the XP upgrade so now want to
un-install XP from my existing system to get back my printer functions.

My question is this, will I be able to use the same XP CD to install on my
new system when I've built it? And if not, why not?
3 answers Last reply
More about install install

    In news:8BCD8B37-3820-422D-A8E9-F3AF85439070@microsoft.com,
    David SaintLaurent <DavidSaintLaurent@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
    say:

    > I bought XP intending to load it on the next system I build. In the
    > meantime, I have installed it onto my existing system upgrading from
    > Me to XP.
    >
    > I have lost some of my printer functions with the XP upgrade so now
    > want to un-install XP from my existing system to get back my printer
    > functions.
    >
    > My question is this, will I be able to use the same XP CD to install
    > on my new system when I've built it? And if not, why not?

    Yes you can. Start > run > type in "winver" without the quotes > click End
    User License Agreement. You'll see that you can have XP installed on one
    computer at a time per license. After removing the OS from the first
    computer you're free to install it on another PC.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    In news:95C19FE8-9697-4B58-BAC1-6CC764E4F1D9@microsoft.com,
    David SaintLaurent <DavidSaintLaurent@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
    say:

    >> Thanks Galen. You're a star!

    Nope, just bored and wondered that once myself. <g>

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Windows XP Microsoft Printers