Sign in with
Your question

ASUS SUCKS!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 9, 2004 2:47:55 PM

While I know most of you already know that ASUS sucks for support or their "3 year warranty".But my story is different but still holds true.
My ti4200 went out, started giving me artifacts and green dots, so I first had to get a claim number by emailing them with all the problems.Which is a huge pain in the ass because it is automated and they never really read your email in the first place.Then once claim number is given, you must then get to tech support in California to get an RMA number once all that then send off.Always get certified mail and insurance.
That way they can't say it got lost or it's damaged.If the latter is true they must specify that when they receive the package.So I wait about a month and what do I receive in return but a base line run of the mill FX5200 :yuck:
So I call ASUS and they tell me since they no longer carry the TI series that this is the closest yet slightly faster card that they would send me under warranty.After sending them proof that the 5200 blows and was no where near a TI they pretty much said take it or leave it.So I left it I broke the card in 2 and sent it back to them.Also called the BBB and I'm not the only person to have complaints on them.They seem to be falling off the mark here.I agree that they did replace a card with a shittier one albeit but a card nonetheless so I can't really say they screwed me too hard.But damn they need to love their customers before they have none left.

Man, It's Sure Fun To Waste Money On.......

More about : asus sucks

August 9, 2004 2:58:50 PM

Wow man.... sorry to hear bout your troubles. I had a similar run in with Pioneer over a really defective POS DVD player. Siccing the BBB on em was the only way to get their attention. I'll never buy Pioneer again for that reason. Hope you get some satisfaction.

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
August 9, 2004 3:06:42 PM

Hell, i have an ASUS mobo, hope i dont have to go thru that. Should have stuck with my old MSI.

<i> :evil:  <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil:  </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>
Related resources
August 9, 2004 3:28:55 PM

Although, never used a Vid card of theirs, I agree ASUS is way over-rated. Before building my current PC I used an ASUS board and had nothing but problems. Support was awful I had to change the board 4 times in one year due to various issues. This time I used an ABIT board, and it Rocks! Iy came with great utilities, was easily installed, and they have a great user forum which helped me out of a few major technical snafu's. I can fully endorse ABIT, I'm super happy with it. I know lots of perople are happy with their vid cards if that helps anyone.

RG

Abit IC7-G
P4 2.8 800 OC'd to 3.2
Corsair xms twinX512-pc3200C2/PT
Vantec ION-400b -PS
Zalman CNPS7000A-CU
2x Western digital SATA Raptors 10k 36gig-raid 0
XFX Geforce4 ti4600 (from old PC)
Samsung SM352 52x24x52/16x 8mb
Antec Performance plusview 1000AMG
Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers
Samsung 172T Flat Panel
Win XP PRO SP2! (New IE much improved)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ginman522 on 08/09/04 11:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 9, 2004 4:21:45 PM

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe, and it's by far the best mobo I've ever owned. Tons of people use them.
August 9, 2004 6:05:45 PM

Best till its broken or goes of production. I had simmilar problems with my ASUS video card
August 9, 2004 6:23:14 PM

Yeah, I got a p4c800 deluxe and I was happy with it, but 2 days ago [-peep-] starts messing up, first I notice my fan speed readings for cpu fan are all over the place, -18000 32000, all kinds of crazy numbers. The I notice that the onboard netwrok adapter is not working any longer. I email them and get their crap automated response, and so I sent them back an email telling them where they can place an automated response and demanded some real answers. Let see what happens. Ohh and if you guys got any idea about the stuff failing on my board let me know.

Indeed my friend...your mother.
August 9, 2004 6:50:21 PM

u r scaring me more than doom.

<i> :evil:  <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil:  </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2004 8:33:50 PM

That does suck. Besides benchie scores pointing to the inferiority of the FX5200, I would have talked about retail price. The GF4Ti4200 probably came out for $199 list, while the FX5200 was what, $99-$129 tops. Not at all an honest move by ASUS. Should have been FX5600U or 5700 anyway to get it priced the same.

By the way, breaking the card and paying to ship it back might have made you feel good, but think about it in a month or so and you'll be wishing rage hadn't set in. :lol:  eBay dude, the other people pay the shipping.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pauldh on 08/09/04 04:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 9, 2004 10:07:14 PM

Damn that does suck. No way a 5200 is comparable to a Ti 4200. You're right a regular 5700 should have been about right. If I were you I'd post this story on several message boards then send a email to ASUS with the links to all your posts.lol The only way we as consumers can get them to honor the contract is if they know it'll harm their bottom line if they don't. Glad I didn't get an ASUS card, I got a BFG because I knew they had a true lifetime warranty.
August 9, 2004 11:13:59 PM

Damn I was just about to buy the Asus P4P800s motherboard too...
August 9, 2004 11:21:17 PM

fx5200? not even Ultra?
a b U Graphics card
August 9, 2004 11:44:33 PM

The problem is, they'll only send you a card of equal or greater VALUE. That has nothing to do with performance. And what they're doing is perfectly legal. Since the Ti4200 is an old model, the FX5200 would cost more from them. So it has "greater value", even though it's a totally shitty puke of a card.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2004 12:02:30 AM

I'm sure it is probably legal. But in no way does an FX5200 = a greater value than his card. If you can find an Asus Ti4200 new, it will cost more than a plain FX5200. I think, it should be based performance or Asus is just screwing him. Contrast this to the guy who just got a Radeon 9800 Pro from ATI in replacement for his Radeon 9500 pro. Ati surely could have sent him a radeon 9600 Pro, but they knew that a 9500P owner would/could be dissapointed by a slower replacement. In this case, if it were Asus, he would have got a 9600 SE or 9200SE in return. :frown: If they are going by Value, it should be based on the time when he purchased his card (and therefore the warranty) and what the value. They should be replacing it with a card with that same value, or performance. There isn't an educated GPU buyer around who would say an FX5200 is of => value than a Ti4200. Uneducated SURE, but com On Asus. Abit wouldn't have done that. They have been great for rma's.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
August 10, 2004 12:08:05 AM

I have to add my two cents here. I've bought mostly Asus boards since I've been building computers and none of them have given me any grief. I've always had good performance and luck with all my boards. I've only shipped one Asus board back for replacement and it wasn't even defective. I thought the AGP port was bad but it turns out it I forgot to install the application accelerator for the 845 chipset. Yeah, stupid me. Anyway, the point is, I sent the board back to Asus and not only did they replace a perfectly working board, but they replaced it with a newer revision that actually allowed me to overclock even more. So customer service, I think, is a game of chance. It all boils down to who's working the day(s) you call because I can bash Abit's customer service if I really wanted to.

<font color=blue>You don't happen to have six fingers on your right hand, do you?</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2004 12:26:24 AM

Abit is a more costumer friendly company than Asus. They also generally produce better products.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
a b U Graphics card
August 10, 2004 12:38:34 AM

I have an Asus Ti4200 that overclocks like crazy. 320/640 no artifacts. I love the card. But I was unaware that their customer support/warranty service was so bad. Abit and Ati have both been good for me. Percentage wise, both have given me very little troubles, but both handled RMA's very well when needed.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
August 23, 2004 6:10:09 PM

Sorry it took so long to reply, But yes a standard 5200 not an ultra in the least.Also I did not pay shipping COD baby!!!!Asus Blows Forever.I have an ABIT MB and will go all ABIT from now on.

November 4, 2010 8:44:46 PM

orleans97 said:
While I know most of you already know that ASUS sucks for support or their "3 year warranty".But my story is different but still holds true.
My ti4200 went out, started giving me artifacts and green dots, so I first had to get a claim number by emailing them with all the problems.Which is a huge pain in the ass because it is automated and they never really read your email in the first place.Then once claim number is given, you must then get to tech support in California to get an RMA number once all that then send off.Always get certified mail and insurance.
That way they can't say it got lost or it's damaged.If the latter is true they must specify that when they receive the package.So I wait about a month and what do I receive in return but a base line run of the mill FX5200 :yuck:
So I call ASUS and they tell me since they no longer carry the TI series that this is the closest yet slightly faster card that they would send me under warranty.After sending them proof that the 5200 blows and was no where near a TI they pretty much said take it or leave it.So I left it I broke the card in 2 and sent it back to them.Also called the BBB and I'm not the only person to have complaints on them.They seem to be falling off the mark here.I agree that they did replace a card with a shittier one albeit but a card nonetheless so I can't really say they screwed me too hard.But damn they need to love their customers before they have none left.

are you really out of your mind,
many make better laptops and better service,, if you buy asus YOU WILL BE SORRY...

call steve chnag with any problems,,,he will not do anything
i agree with asus buggy bios, refuse to search for hard drives,,,
stupid techs,
promises broken,,,
i am the latest authority on ASUS,, changs number
510 435 5689

4830, etc please keep looking by using 48?? or 4530 as this is chnags. 45??

good luck ASUS really stinks
no their product is not worth the grief,,,it merely looks pretty,,,

a c 173 U Graphics card
November 4, 2010 8:46:03 PM

!