Booting up problem

I have a computer which, on turning on, goes to the mode selection screen
(i.e. normal, safe etc). On selecting a ANY mode it goes to the Windows XP
home 'loading' screen but within a couple of seconds re-boots to mode
selection screen.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this behaviour and how it
may be resolved please.

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
1 answer Last reply
More about booting problem

    Bill, if you have a WinXP CD try a Repair Install. Pay close attention
    to Step # 3

    "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a computer which, on turning on, goes to the mode selection screen
    > (i.e. normal, safe etc). On selecting a ANY mode it goes to the Windows
    > XP
    > home 'loading' screen but within a couple of seconds re-boots to mode
    > selection screen.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this behaviour and how it
    > may be resolved please.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP