Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
Hey everyone;

I am having an issue with my View Sonic Monitor driver and Windows XP pro. First of all, when I clean install windows xp, it is detected as a defualt monitor (cool) I have a MSI 9800 pro. I installed my View Sonic A90f Ultra Brite drivers and everything is ok. But after I reboot my computer; it is detected as a "DEFAULT MONITOR". If I scan for hardware changes, it will detect it as a ViewSonic A90f.... This happends every time I reboot my computer. This is weird. Things I know....

- It's not my monitor.. I use my monitor on another pc with a nvidia card(fx5600) and it works fine. Windows XP
-This only happend after I installed my new Radeon 9800 pro/ used to have a Ti 4200 and it worked fine.

My Conclusion.... it's my Radeon 9800 pro. It does have TV out; so device manager does detect 2 display adapter.... my FX 5600 does also and has no issues with this.

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks for the replys!

<font color=green>P4 2.4c @ 2.8
Asus P4P800
MSI R9800 Pro 128
1Gb DDR 2700 [Dual Channel]
80Gb WD </font color=green>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
First go to the Viewsonic site and try to find an updated ".inf" file for your monitor. See if that alone fixes the problem. I think it will.

If not try playing with the "auto detect plug and play monitors" setting, somewhere in Display Properties.

This is intended to grab the parameters from your monitor but it doesn't always work. The monitor has to be turned on before Windows loads for the function to work.

For oddball monitors and older monitors (non-plug and play) you can force Windows to select your monitor, sort of as the default.

IIRC you first disable the Autodetect Plug and Play Monitors then re-install the ".inf" file for your particular monitor (just right click on a ".inf" file to install). The next time you reboot your monitor will be the default. Works even if the monitor is not turned on.

I find this method useful when using KVM switches.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
Thanks! I will try this when I get home! I will update you and let you know how it goes!! much apprericated!

<font color=green>P4 2.4c @ 2.8
Asus P4P800
MSI R9800 Pro 128
1Gb DDR 2700 [Dual Channel]
80Gb WD </font color=green>