I have two computers running XP Home on a wireless network.

I am trying to access either PC from the other via the Remote Desktop
Connection application but every time I try to access the other PC an error
appears saying 'The (LAN Name) domain/workgroup does not contain any
terminal servers'

I have also noticed that under the 'control panel/system/remote tab the
'remote desktop' box is missing and only the 'Remote assistance' box is
shown.

Can anyone tell what I need to do to get this working?

Any help would be appreciated.

As far as I know - Remote Desktop is not available in the Home Edition.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

XP Home cannot function as a Remote Desktop Host. Only Remote Assistance is
available.
--

"news" <investment101@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers running XP Home on a wireless network.
>
> I am trying to access either PC from the other via the Remote Desktop
> Connection application but every time I try to access the other PC an
> error appears saying 'The (LAN Name) domain/workgroup does not contain any
> terminal servers'
>
> I have also noticed that under the 'control panel/system/remote tab the
> 'remote desktop' box is missing and only the 'Remote assistance' box is
> shown.
>
> Can anyone tell what I need to do to get this working?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Remote Desktop is not available in Windows XP Home Edition.

Alternatives:

RealVNC: http://www.realvnc.com/
TightVNC: http://www.tightvnc.com/

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"news" <investment101@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers running XP Home on a wireless network.
>
> I am trying to access either PC from the other via the Remote Desktop
> Connection application but every time I try to access the other PC an
> error appears saying 'The (LAN Name) domain/workgroup does not contain any
> terminal servers'
>
> I have also noticed that under the 'control panel/system/remote tab the
> 'remote desktop' box is missing and only the 'Remote assistance' box is
> shown.
>
> Can anyone tell what I need to do to get this working?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your reply.
"news" <investment101@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I have two computers running XP Home on a wireless network.
>
> I am trying to access either PC from the other via the Remote Desktop
> Connection application but every time I try to access the other PC an
> error appears saying 'The (LAN Name) domain/workgroup does not contain any
> terminal servers'
>
> I have also noticed that under the 'control panel/system/remote tab the
> 'remote desktop' box is missing and only the 'Remote assistance' box is
> shown.
>
> Can anyone tell what I need to do to get this working?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP