Missile Command cockpit #162

It was a long driving weekend, but I'm happy with the outcome:

lot's of driving, cost: tired
little sleep: cost: even more tired
getting your favorite game:
http://www.joesarcade.com/joem/Missile_Command_cockpit/left_side_back.jpg
cost: priceless!

All working, inaugural game score: 147K (man, I'm out of playing shape!)

Serial #162, so maybe they did make more than 100 of them? Or probably
serial numbers are not consecutive.

It's not the fastest server, but I'll be loading more pics in a day or so.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net

You may consider repairing the hole in the side of your roof and doing
some painting before your next game trip.

Of course that is just a general observation.

So, did the Joust 2 and the Q*bert come as part of the haul?

-roy-

"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> It was a long driving weekend, but I'm happy with the outcome:
>
> lot's of driving, cost: tired
> little sleep: cost: even more tired
> getting your favorite game:
> http://www.joesarcade.com/joem/Missile_Command_cockpit/left_side_back.jpg
> cost: priceless!
>
> All working, inaugural game score: 147K (man, I'm out of playing shape!)
>
> Serial #162, so maybe they did make more than 100 of them? Or probably
> serial numbers are not consecutive.
>
> It's not the fastest server, but I'll be loading more pics in a day or so.
>
> Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
> joemagiera@ameritech.net

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Congrats, it looks to be in very nice shape.
Hope you can find the room for it ;Þ

Troy,

<AubHtr@aol.com> wrote in message
> You may consider repairing the hole in the side of your roof and doing
> some painting before your next game trip.
>
> Of course that is just a general observation.

And a good one. The garage is in pretty bad shape (in several places
besides what's shown in the pic. But it doesn't leak (yet). I am planning
(hoping?) to get a new one with this hobby in mind (taller so easier to move
games in and out) before next winter.

Joe

Its when you start having birds living in your soffits due to the giant
holes is when you need to start worrying about it! Had the same thing in my
old house with garage, started falling apart as well!

Brian

> <AubHtr@aol.com> wrote in message
>> You may consider repairing the hole in the side of your roof and doing
>> some painting before your next game trip.
>>
>> Of course that is just a general observation.
>
> And a good one. The garage is in pretty bad shape (in several places
> besides what's shown in the pic. But it doesn't leak (yet). I am
> planning (hoping?) to get a new one with this hobby in mind (taller so
> easier to move games in and out) before next winter.
>
> Joe

Awesome Joe!

I have a serial registry and the higest number I have is 232. It is my
belief that they made 250 of these.

Welcome to the cockpit club! :)

Derek

http://arcade.thelittons.net

As some of you know i have been keeping track of serial numbers for
these games.
I have 9 on the list ( now 10 )
I won't mention names but the numbers i have are :
Mine 138
and now 162
i know of one more but do not have sn yet so there are 11 that i know
of
that exist.
If you have one that isn't listed let me know
Thanks
Dave

Derek Litton (DSL) wrote:
> Awesome Joe!
>
> I have a serial registry and the higest number I have is 232. It is
my
> belief that they made 250 of these.
>
> Welcome to the cockpit club! :)
>
> Derek
>
> http://arcade.thelittons.net

I also want to mention again that Archer has repro art for the rocket
decals on this machine. I have a set,they look great.
Dave

Ron,
You are on that list, you are # 168
:)
I got it from you a long time ago.
Dave

> So, did the Joust 2 and the Q*bert come as part of the haul?

No, just this one game. Nice game ID's on the other two games. It is a
Q*bert, but how can you tell that from the back of the game? I can see
figuring out it's a Gottlieb, but did you just guess a Q*bert? And how
about the game through the window of the cockpit, you missed that one!
(It's an easy one).

Joe

Gravitar

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

>> So, did the Joust 2 and the Q*bert come as part of the haul?
>
> No, just this one game. Nice game ID's on the other two games. It is a
> Q*bert, but how can you tell that from the back of the game? I can see
> figuring out it's a Gottlieb, but did you just guess a Q*bert? And how
> about the game through the window of the cockpit, you missed that one!
> (It's an easy one).
>
> Joe

The one in the window is a Gravitar. :)

I recognized the Q*bert style cab from the grille on the top. Figgered
Q*bert is the most common of the lot, and you would have corrected me
otherwise.

-r-

"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> So, did the Joust 2 and the Q*bert come as part of the haul?
>
> No, just this one game. Nice game ID's on the other two games. It is a
> Q*bert, but how can you tell that from the back of the game? I can see
> figuring out it's a Gottlieb, but did you just guess a Q*bert? And how
> about the game through the window of the cockpit, you missed that one!
> (It's an easy one).
>
> Joe

where exactly is that serial number??
it may take an hour to get to the machine, but maybe one of these days
i'll get off my duff and see what i have :)
ronald

it must have been a long time....ha!
im gettin old and forgetful...

mark

Or maybe.You j'ust wanted to remind everyone that you have a MC
cockpit, once again.As if we didnt already know.Of course I used to
have good ol #87.And sold it for thousands of dollars.I was even classy
enough to reveal who the buyer was.And the exact price he paid for
it.:)))

--

THANKS.MARK,
MARKLINE VENDING

mark

It's the coward who calls himself MARKSLIME again.The one who won't reveal
his real identity because he's just plain scared.I dare you to say who you
really are.Instead of trying to make everyone think you are me.Your PUSSY
man.I can smell it on you.
"MARK" <MarkSlimeVending@aol.com> wrote in message
> Or maybe.You j'ust wanted to remind everyone that you have a MC
> cockpit, once again.As if we didnt already know.Of course I used to
> have good ol #87.And sold it for thousands of dollars.I was even classy
> enough to reveal who the buyer was.And the exact price he paid for
> it.:)))
>
> --
>

> THANKS.MARK,
> MARKLINE VENDING
> BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
> VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
> OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.
> 516-678-9671

mark

And besides.I did sell it to Derek Litton for 3500.00 about 5-6 years
ago..So whats your point.?.Do you have one to sell at any price.????
"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
> It's the coward who calls himself MARKSLIME again.The one who won't reveal
> his real identity because he's just plain scared.I dare you to say who you
> really are.Instead of trying to make everyone think you are me.Your PUSSY
> man.I can smell it on you.
> "MARK" <MarkSlimeVending@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Or maybe.You j'ust wanted to remind everyone that you have a MC
>> cockpit, once again.As if we didnt already know.Of course I used to
>> have good ol #87.And sold it for thousands of dollars.I was even classy
>> enough to reveal who the buyer was.And the exact price he paid for
>> it.:)))
>>
>> --
>>

>> THANKS.MARK,
>> MARKLINE VENDING
>> BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
>> VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
>> OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.
>> 516-678-9671

Mark, sorry your mistaken. You wanted $3500, I talked you down to $3000
on the phone and when I got there, we plugged it in and the monitor
worked but was screwy. I was going to pass and we decided on $2500 and
yes it was a factor because you were afraid I was going to leave. I am
not going to rehash it but that is exactly how it went down and then
the monitor fried the next day anyway. I have never left anything out
or tried to change any of the facts.

Plus I have not updated my cockpit page since 2001 but whatever. I have
never bashed you so let's just end this now.

Later,
Derek

Mark, this is my last post on the subject. I paid what I paid,
whatever... and I am not embarrassed about it. Do I feel stupid that I
grossly over paid? Hell yes! In retrospect I regret more dealing with
one who likes to elaborate (read brag) and exaggerate his deals...

Lastly the serial is 083 not 087.

Nuff said.
Derek

mark

Bottom line is you fell for the guy who is impersonating me.He got you
going.Half of what was said was by him and not me.Ahhhh.Who cares.

arcaderevival@gmail.com wrote:
> Ron,
> You are on that list, you are # 168
> :)