What is the name of this game?!?

I want to buy a coin-op arcade game, but cannot figure out the name.
It's very unique, so I'm sure someone here will know it. Hey, maybe
someone is even selling one.

it's from the late 90's or early 00's. It's a two-player game only. And
there are two padded handles. Each player grabs a handle and competes
on various simple boards -- racing across a bridge, collecting coins,
etc. And the goal is to knock your opponent out of the way using the
handles, which are connected along a slot. Visually, it's a pretty
basic game. But the play is so fun because you are physically
interacting with your opponent by smashing your handle into theirs and
pushing them out of the way.

I've tried every google search I can, but can't get the words specific
enough. So any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

mark

That would be Retromat by Krane Ind. 1990
"Stoptime" <stoptime@aol.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a coin-op arcade game, but cannot figure out the name.
> It's very unique, so I'm sure someone here will know it. Hey, maybe
> someone is even selling one.
>
> it's from the late 90's or early 00's. It's a two-player game only. And
> there are two padded handles. Each player grabs a handle and competes
> on various simple boards -- racing across a bridge, collecting coins,
> etc. And the goal is to knock your opponent out of the way using the
> handles, which are connected along a slot. Visually, it's a pretty
> basic game. But the play is so fun because you are physically
> interacting with your opponent by smashing your handle into theirs and
> pushing them out of the way.
>
> I've tried every google search I can, but can't get the words specific
> enough. So any help would be awesome!
>
> Thanks!

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Panic Park

"Stoptime" <stoptime@aol.com> wrote in message
>I want to buy a coin-op arcade game, but cannot figure out the name.
> It's very unique, so I'm sure someone here will know it. Hey, maybe
> someone is even selling one.
>
> it's from the late 90's or early 00's. It's a two-player game only. And
> there are two padded handles. Each player grabs a handle and competes
> on various simple boards -- racing across a bridge, collecting coins,
> etc. And the goal is to knock your opponent out of the way using the
> handles, which are connected along a slot. Visually, it's a pretty
> basic game. But the play is so fun because you are physically
> interacting with your opponent by smashing your handle into theirs and
> pushing them out of the way.
>
> I've tried every google search I can, but can't get the words specific
> enough. So any help would be awesome!
>
> Thanks!

Ah, it's Panic Park. Thanks. I never would have remembered that! I'm
going to buy it this week.

Never heard of Retromat. Can't even find references to it online. Let
me know if you recommend it also.