AIM opens when I open Outlook Express. Why?

I use Outlook Express 6 to read newsgroups. I also have AOL Instant
Messenger installed on my computer. For some reason, whenever I click on the
Outlook Express icon on my desktop to open it, it opens but AIM opens up as
well. Why is this happening?
How can I disable AIM from starting when I run Outlook Express?
2 answers Last reply
More about opens open outlook express

    AIM is from AOHell. AOHell takes control of your computer! Dump anything
    from AOHell! Your computer will thank you.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "AJ" <dragonfly874@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I use Outlook Express 6 to read newsgroups. I also have AOL Instant
    >Messenger installed on my computer. For some reason, whenever I click on
    >the Outlook Express icon on my desktop to open it, it opens but AIM opens
    >up as well. Why is this happening?
    > How can I disable AIM from starting when I run Outlook Express?

    This should apply to AIM also:
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/disabmes.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "AJ" <dragonfly874@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I use Outlook Express 6 to read newsgroups. I also have AOL Instant
    >Messenger installed on my computer. For some reason, whenever I click on
    >the Outlook Express icon on my desktop to open it, it opens but AIM opens
    >up as well. Why is this happening?
    > How can I disable AIM from starting when I run Outlook Express?

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP