AIM opens when I open Outlook Express. Why?

May 10, 2005 5:22:43 AM

I use Outlook Express 6 to read newsgroups. I also have AOL Instant
Messenger installed on my computer. For some reason, whenever I click on the
Outlook Express icon on my desktop to open it, it opens but AIM opens up as
well. Why is this happening?
How can I disable AIM from starting when I run Outlook Express?
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:16:29 PM

AIM is from AOHell. AOHell takes control of your computer! Dump anything
from AOHell! Your computer will thank you.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"AJ" <dragonfly874@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I use Outlook Express 6 to read newsgroups. I also have AOL Instant
>Messenger installed on my computer. For some reason, whenever I click on
>the Outlook Express icon on my desktop to open it, it opens but AIM opens
>up as well. Why is this happening?
> How can I disable AIM from starting when I run Outlook Express?

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 5:32:36 PM

This should apply to AIM also:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/disabmes.htm