I no longer have a search companion from the start menu, I do not know where
it went, nor how to find it. I also no longer have any COM ports. How do I
find them or put them back. Any help would be appreciated.
--
wifiepooh

Show the hidden files and folders Rightclick C:\Windows\Inf\srchasst.inf Click install. The required file is in ../I386 folder on
the XP CD

Missing COM ports in Device Manager indicates some hardware problem, or a BIOS that needs fixing.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509