Default wallppr path? / how to pckg graphic w/that path in..

May 10, 2005 11:51:48 AM

I have tried many times to explain the process for a friend over the
phone and can't be going over there just so I can install a wallpaper
for her <g>. And it's getting to be a pain to constantly be uploading
the file to a website because although it's easy enough to "set as
wallpaper", she really is clueless so that this often doesn't present
a working solution either as we still spend too much time on the
phone.

By far the easiest for me to do would be to zip the file up each time
into an executable self-installing package but with XP, not as easy to
do as in, say Win98SE as I have. I image that something similar in
format to "%system root%" or something might be needed for a path but
haven't tried that on WinZip; I haven't a notion on what to do re the
path. I know that one can browse to any folder and set a graphic as a
wallpaper but it would be easier to use the default path that "browse"
in display will go to.

Anyway, any tips welcome to resolve this 1-yr issue once and for all!
<g> (p.s., a tutoring session that lasted 1 1/2 yielded virtually
little lasting benefit. I thought for sure she'd get the hang of it,
but no go. Tx.)
May 10, 2005 1:50:01 PM

The simplest procedure for changing wallpaper for Dummies is:
Rightclick open area near center of screen>Properties>Desktop tab
Select from the Background (wallpaper) list>Click Apply and OK. If
she wants a specific graphic/picture then you can run into difficulty to
navigate (browse) the harddrive. You can put the JPG or BMP into the
Wallpaper directory (C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper) for her so she can
find them easily in the future.

--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.