Autoplay not working

For some reason, my CD/DVD drive doesn't autoplay any discs I insert.
The registry has the autoplay parameter set to 1 to do autoplay. What
else should I check?

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: AUTOPLAY , and hit enter.
3. Click on: "Change how your computer handles multimedia content".

Autoplay Repair Wizard
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kent McPherson" wrote:

| For some reason, my CD/DVD drive doesn't autoplay any discs I insert.
| The registry has the autoplay parameter set to 1 to do autoplay. What
| else should I check?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-0, 05/09/2005
Tested on: 5/10/2005 8:24:11 AM

Hi Kent,

Autoplay Repair Wizard:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a
CD-ROM in the drive:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330135
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314855

--