Windows XP Crashing - Help me debug Please

Hi,
I have windows xp with sp2 installed on this box. I am very frustrated
with a problem related to crashing. I have 3 hard disk drives connected
in all.

Drive - A
Drive - B
Drive - C

Drive A is primary master installed main os on this drive. Couple of
times I am not able to locate Drive B and Drive C under MY Computer.
:/

Machine just reboots on its own after sometime. It takes 5 minutes oe 5
hours for unoccassional reboots

Please help. Very frustrated with this now happening since 5 days

--
genius_78
genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522

    Just curious...
    Normal C:\ is root drive of windows, A is floppy drive.
    I guess you set your BIOS to boot from Floppy?

    "genius_78" <genius_78.1othwj@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I have windows xp with sp2 installed on this box. I am very frustrated
    > with a problem related to crashing. I have 3 hard disk drives connected
    > in all.
    >
    > Drive - A
    > Drive - B
    > Drive - C
    >
    > Drive A is primary master installed main os on this drive. Couple of
    > times I am not able to locate Drive B and Drive C under MY Computer.
    > :/
    >
    > Machine just reboots on its own after sometime. It takes 5 minutes oe 5
    > hours for unoccassional reboots
    >
    > Please help. Very frustrated with this now happening since 5 days
    >

    > --
    > genius_78
    > genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=94495
    > Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

    Fix your Drive Letters and it will solve your Porblem
    A: and B: are reserved for Floppy Drives !
    C: and higher are used for Hard Drives.
    Your Normal Boot Drive should be C:\
    What ever causeed you to change the Drive Assignment is beyond normal
    thinking! Don't screw up a computer system with such ABNORMAL drive settings
    and then expect Help from a news group. Spend a few bucks on a good Computer
    Book (such as Computers for Dummies)
    It amases me that you don't place your computer upside down and then post a
    question wanting to know why the Computer Label it
    unreadable..................
    Geeeeesh !

    "genius_78" <genius_78.1othwj@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I have windows xp with sp2 installed on this box. I am very frustrated
    > with a problem related to crashing. I have 3 hard disk drives connected
    > in all.
    >
    > Drive - A
    > Drive - B
    > Drive - C
    >
    > Drive A is primary master installed main os on this drive. Couple of
    > times I am not able to locate Drive B and Drive C under MY Computer.
    > :/
    >
    > Machine just reboots on its own after sometime. It takes 5 minutes oe 5
    > hours for unoccassional reboots
    >
    > Please help. Very frustrated with this now happening since 5 days
    >

    > --
    > genius_78
    > genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=94495
    > Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

    i dont have a floppy drive on my machine.
    Drive A, B and C are all hard disk drives.

    I have another optical drive Liteon DVD-Writer (but this is offtopic)

    Thanks

    --
    genius_78
    genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522
    View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=94495
    Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

    Genius

    The boot drive is generally C by default.. are you just using the letter
    allocation as an example or are the drives physically called A, B and C?

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "genius_78" <genius_78.1otnf7@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

    > i dont have a floppy drive on my machine.
    > Drive A, B and C are all hard disk drives.
    >
    > I have another optical drive Liteon DVD-Writer (but this is offtopic)
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > genius_78
    > genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522