Windows Security Alerts

How do I get this to stop bothering me. Winxp Pro SP2. I know the
firewall is turned off. Just leave me alone. Thanks.

Hi

Control Panel>Security Center. Then click on 'Change the way Security
Center alerts me'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How do I get this to stop bothering me. Winxp Pro SP2. I know the
> firewall is turned off. Just leave me alone. Thanks.

Tarkus,

It's highly recommended that you enable the firewall (or use a third-party
firewall such as Sygate Personal Firewall, Zone Alarm etc). If you're
already running a 3rd party firewall, and want to disable the Security
Center notifications, use these steps:

Disable monitoring:
-------------------

Open the Security Center ( Type WSCUI.CPL in the Start, RUN box ). In the
Security Center, under Firewall, click Recommendations. In the
Recommendations dialog box, select the I have a firewall solution that I'll
monitor myself check box, and then click OK.

Disable notifications
--------------------

In some configurations, the above setting does not stick and the Security
Center keeps sending the alert again. If that does not work, try this:

Click Change the way Security Center alerts me. Clear the check boxes beside
the items for which you don't want to receive alerts, and then click OK.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How do I get this to stop bothering me. Winxp Pro SP2. I know the
> firewall is turned off. Just leave me alone. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS