System Restore Files

Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?

Thanks in advance

Billy
6 answers Last reply
More about system restore files

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry -config-system http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q307545

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:uW3ge.27117$B82.560584@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Billy

    Hi Billy

    They are kept in the System Volume Information folder.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Billy

    Thanks a lot!

    Billy
    > Hi Billy
    >
    > They are kept in the System Volume Information folder.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> Billy

    I'm asking my question here because it won't let me post a question, only
    reply. I downloaded a gaming site on my computer and ever since computer has
    been real slow, so I uninstalled it. And now the system restore won't go back
    any further than the 2 weeks ago when I installed this on my computer. Any
    suggestions?
    --
    thank you in advance for your time

    "Billy" wrote:

    > Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Billy

    Hi Billy,

    The System Restore snapshots are stored in the "System Volume Information"
    folder. The System Volume Information folder is a hidden system folder that
    the System Restore tool uses to store its information and restore points.
    There is a System Volume Information folder on every partition on your
    computer.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Billy

    Hi Billy,

    First of all, stop using the clumsy web interface and use Outlook
    Express to read and post questions.
    Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

    The amount of restore points available depends on how much disk space
    and the size of each restore point. Another is the amount of days
    System Restore is set to maintains the restore points.
    Use the XPSystemRestoreLife.vbs script to show the amount of days.
    System Restore Scripts.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srscripts.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    likemyapples wrote:
    > I'm asking my question here because it won't let me post
    > a question, only reply. I downloaded a gaming site on my
    > computer and ever since computer has been real slow, so I
    > uninstalled it. And now the system restore won't go back
    > any further than the 2 weeks ago when I installed this on
    > my computer. Any suggestions?
    >
    >> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore
    >> files?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> Billy

Support System Restore Microsoft Windows XP