How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry -config-system http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q307545

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
..
"Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:uW3ge.27117$B82.560584@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Billy

Hi Billy

They are kept in the System Volume Information folder.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Billy

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

Thanks a lot!

Billy
> Hi Billy
>
> They are kept in the System Volume Information folder.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Billy

I'm asking my question here because it won't let me post a question, only
reply. I downloaded a gaming site on my computer and ever since computer has
been real slow, so I uninstalled it. And now the system restore won't go back
any further than the 2 weeks ago when I installed this on my computer. Any
suggestions?
--
thank you in advance for your time

"Billy" wrote:

> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Billy

Hi Billy,

The System Restore snapshots are stored in the "System Volume Information"
folder. The System Volume Information folder is a hidden system folder that
the System Restore tool uses to store its information and restore points.
There is a System Volume Information folder on every partition on your
computer.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Billy" <william.carroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where XP keeps it's System restore files?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Billy

Hi Billy,

First of all, stop using the clumsy web interface and use Outlook
Express to read and post questions.
Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

The amount of restore points available depends on how much disk space
and the size of each restore point. Another is the amount of days
System Restore is set to maintains the restore points.
Use the XPSystemRestoreLife.vbs script to show the amount of days.
System Restore Scripts.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srscripts.html

--
Regards,