Closed Solved

Anyone using BF3 on Windows 8 64-bit?

Does BF3 work fine in Windows 8? How are the video drivers functioning (either Nvidia or AMD) with games? Any issues with mouse or keyboard functionality?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about anyone windows
  1. I'm running Windows 8 RTM and BF3 keeps crashing. :( It seems to happen when the action hots up so I guess it's the graphics driver. :s

Should have known better than to upgrade my gaming rig so soon.
  2. Running BF3 in W8 RTM x64 with absolutely no problems. Everything rock stable.
  3. sht00 said:
    I'm running Windows 8 RTM and BF3 keeps crashing. :( It seems to happen when the action hots up so I guess it's the graphics driver. :s

Should have known better than to upgrade my gaming rig so soon.

What kind of video card are you using? Are you overclocking at all?
  4. Battlefeld 3 on Windows 8 RTM x64 has no problem except recent problems with super high ram usage (97%). This is with a HD6950, 8GB RAM,i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz, and a beta AMD driver. Play BF3 on W8 but don't download beta drivers.
  5. phamhlam said:
    Battlefeld 3 on Windows 8 RTM x64 has no problem except recent problems with super high ram usage (97%). This is with a HD6950, 8GB RAM,i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz, and a beta AMD driver. Play BF3 on W8 but don't download beta drivers.

So you're using the production drivers for Win 7 64 then?
  6. phamhlam said:
    Battlefeld 3 on Windows 8 RTM x64 has no problem except recent problems with super high ram usage (97%). This is with a HD6950, 8GB RAM,i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz, and a beta AMD driver. Play BF3 on W8 but don't download beta drivers.

Start Origin and BF3 as administrator + windows 7 compatibility. I haven't tried it myself yet but I read on a BF3 forum that it fixes the crashes. Maybe it fixes the high ram usage too.
  7. I am running BF3 on win8 just fine.

The Catalyst Control Center is broke all to hell, but i have been using MSI Afterburner to overclock my XFX 7770.

Everything worked fine here.
  8. Best answer
    Running win 8 and bf3 (using hd 4800 dark knight vid card and 12.6 win 8 legacy driver) ... 1st had to redo punkbuster to be able to play. It plays fine so far except that when I try to quit the game freezes. If I end task it moves to the background process column and then refuses end task...access denies. I change security permissions to allow everything..and still denies access. restart computer. not exactly an upgrade.
  9. I've been holding off on my upgrade because of quirks like yours redstar. Windows 8 is good for Work and basic desktop functionality. It runs great on the family laptop, though I still don't feel good about putting it on my gaming machine.
  10. Best answer selected by ubercake.
  11. I have no issues in games like others are getting, I guess I'm lucky
  12. This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Windows 8