WPA not surviving logoff/on

Hello...

Linksys WAP54G Access Point with WPA enabled, and a Linksys
WPC54G adapter on a Win98

I notice that I cannot log onto the LAN, either during
bootup or by (at the desktop) logging off/on. I suspect
this is because the wifi connection breaks at logoff.

With WEP it works fine. Only WPA fails.

Any suggestions?

Thx,
D.

Given that you are using W98, I assume that you are using the included
linksys utility with the odyssey client by funk software. As far as I know,
that only loads after logon and stops after logoff. One solution is to
upgrade to XP and use its built-in WZC, but then there's probably a reason
why you have not done so.

-Yves

"Yves Konigshofer" <yvesk@sStTaAnNfFoOrRdD.edu> wrote:
>Given that you are using W98, I assume that you are using
>the included
>linksys utility with the odyssey client by funk software.
>As far as I know,
>that only loads after logon and stops after logoff. One
>solution is to
>upgrade to XP and use its built-in WZC, but then there's
>probably a reason
>why you have not done so.

Thank you. Yes, at least two laptops are small and could
not handle WinXP. So far, all wifi setup work has been on
them. Makes me wonder how Win2k will handle it.

Thx,
D.