Can't install Norton 05 on XP

May 10, 2005 2:48:40 PM

What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
saying installation failed
please help

More about : install norton

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 3:13:17 PM

Could be your system is infected and the install fails because of that.
Make sure your computer is clean and free of malware. Disable any
anti-virus scanning software or any spyware or adware scanners.

It has been my experience that Norton products tend to cause more problems
than they prevent. I would never install anything from Symantec on my
system. You can get perfectly fine firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware
scanners for free, so why pay for Norton?

"jmex" <jmorales@engineeredstorage.com> wrote in message
> What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
> saying installation failed
> please help

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 3:32:29 PM

I just reinstalled xp and formatted the disc, i have no other anti-virus,
spy/mal ware programs, its a cleans disc, just windows and thats it, so what
can be the problem?

"Kevin" <webman6@hot4mail.com> wrote in message
> Could be your system is infected and the install fails because of that.
> Make sure your computer is clean and free of malware. Disable any
> anti-virus scanning software or any spyware or adware scanners.
>
> It has been my experience that Norton products tend to cause more problems
> than they prevent. I would never install anything from Symantec on my
> system. You can get perfectly fine firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware
> scanners for free, so why pay for Norton?
>
> "jmex" <jmorales@engineeredstorage.com> wrote in message
>> What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
>> saying installation failed
>> please help

May 10, 2005 11:12:31 PM

"jmex" <jmorales@engineeredstorage.com> wrote in message
> What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
> saying installation failed
> please help
See if this site can help you.
http://tinyurl.com/6ogap