Can't install Norton 05 on XP

What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
saying installation failed
please help
3 answers Last reply
More about install norton

    Could be your system is infected and the install fails because of that.
    Make sure your computer is clean and free of malware. Disable any
    anti-virus scanning software or any spyware or adware scanners.

    It has been my experience that Norton products tend to cause more problems
    than they prevent. I would never install anything from Symantec on my
    system. You can get perfectly fine firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware
    scanners for free, so why pay for Norton?

    "jmex" <jmorales@engineeredstorage.com> wrote in message
    > What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
    > saying installation failed
    > please help

    I just reinstalled xp and formatted the disc, i have no other anti-virus,
    spy/mal ware programs, its a cleans disc, just windows and thats it, so what
    can be the problem?

    "Kevin" <webman6@hot4mail.com> wrote in message
    > Could be your system is infected and the install fails because of that.
    > Make sure your computer is clean and free of malware. Disable any
    > anti-virus scanning software or any spyware or adware scanners.
    >
    > It has been my experience that Norton products tend to cause more problems
    > than they prevent. I would never install anything from Symantec on my
    > system. You can get perfectly fine firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware
    > scanners for free, so why pay for Norton?
    >
    > "jmex" <jmorales@engineeredstorage.com> wrote in message
    >> What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
    >> saying installation failed
    >> please help

    "jmex" <jmorales@engineeredstorage.com> wrote in message
    > What or why can I not install this program, a message comes up
    > saying installation failed
    > please help
    See if this site can help you.
    http://tinyurl.com/6ogap