Recovery problem on acer 5738g on new hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabir_26

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
hello sir i have crashed my acer 5738g hard drive. so i,ve bought a new one and replaced it. earlier on i,ve made the 3cd's of recovery disk of my genuine window. now when i try to intall it or can say recover it on my harddisk it loads from the 3c.d's at the end it reboot and appears that setup is starting services then error message appear that window is not supported..........sir plz help

kabir_26

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
THNKS FOR THE REPLY SIR....RELY APRRECIATE THAT...........

ERROR MSG- WINDOWS CANNOT CONFIGURE WINDOWS TO THIS COMPUTER'S HARDWARE

HOWEVER I,VE INSTALL A WIN 7 ULTIMATE WHICH IS NOT A GENUINE ONE.......BUT IT RUNS PERFECTLY....
NOW TODAY AGAIN I TRY TO INSTALL BUT THE SAME PROBLEM OCCUR......

MY PREVIOUS HD IS OF 320GB NOW M USING 500GB.....

SIR PLZZZZZ HELP

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Sounds like you are using the Recovery CDs given to you with your computer? If so, it may be looking specifically for that 320GB HD, and in finding the 500GB, the CD determines this may not be an Acer and the install won't continue.

Either you will have to call Acer for further support, or find, borrow, whatever a copy of Windows that is not tied to Acer (OEM disk that is the same version, Home, Pro or what not) and use the key on the bottom of your computer during install. Then you'll have to manually download the drivers off Acer's site to get all your harware up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.