dualview on windows xp home edition

hi, my laptop has a S3 graphics ProSavage DDR graphics card.

and it has windows xp home edition installed. i have been trying to set up
the dual view so that i can expand the desktop and have items dragged from
one screen to another.

i have a second monitor connected to my laptop and currently it displays the
same picture as the one on my laptop screen.

in xp help i find that if i go to the display properties settings tab and
click on identify multiple monitors should appear and i should be able to
drag them into position....however in the settings tab i cannot find the
"identify" option even after right/left clicking. it only shows the one
monitor under which it says (multiple monitors) on s3 graphics prosavage ddr.

can ne 1 plz tell me how i can expand the desktop and have different
pictures appear on the monitors?

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about dualview windows home edition

    logan wrote:
    > hi, my laptop has a S3 graphics ProSavage DDR graphics card.
    >
    > and it has windows xp home edition installed. i have been trying to
    > set up the dual view so that i can expand the desktop and have items
    > dragged from one screen to another.
    >
    > i have a second monitor connected to my laptop and currently it
    > displays the same picture as the one on my laptop screen.
    >
    > in xp help i find that if i go to the display properties settings
    > tab and click on identify multiple monitors should appear and i
    > should be able to drag them into position....however in the settings
    > tab i cannot find the "identify" option even after right/left
    > clicking. it only shows the one monitor under which it says (multiple
    > monitors) on s3 graphics prosavage ddr.
    >
    > can ne 1 plz tell me how i can expand the desktop and have different
    > pictures appear on the monitors?

    Do you have the latest drivers installed from the manufacturer (not
    Microsoft) for your video card?

    --
    --
    The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
    suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you

    yes i have all the latest drivers installed

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > logan wrote:
    > > hi, my laptop has a S3 graphics ProSavage DDR graphics card.
    > >
    > > and it has windows xp home edition installed. i have been trying to
    > > set up the dual view so that i can expand the desktop and have items
    > > dragged from one screen to another.
    > >
    > > i have a second monitor connected to my laptop and currently it
    > > displays the same picture as the one on my laptop screen.
    > >
    > > in xp help i find that if i go to the display properties settings
    > > tab and click on identify multiple monitors should appear and i
    > > should be able to drag them into position....however in the settings
    > > tab i cannot find the "identify" option even after right/left
    > > clicking. it only shows the one monitor under which it says (multiple
    > > monitors) on s3 graphics prosavage ddr.
    > >
    > > can ne 1 plz tell me how i can expand the desktop and have different
    > > pictures appear on the monitors?
    >
    > Do you have the latest drivers installed from the manufacturer (not
    > Microsoft) for your video card?
    >
    > --
    > >=- Shenan -=<
    > >=- MS MVP -=<
    > --
    > The information above is intended to assist you; however, it is
    > suggested you research for yourself before you take any advice - you
    > are the one ultimately responsible for your actions/problems/solutions.
    > Whenever possible, the advice will include the method/places used in
    > compiling the answer. Also, questions may have been asked to clarify
    > your situation OR to give you an idea of where to look - do not dismiss
    > them lightly.

Monitors Windows XP