Phoenix - melody 'jingle' speed?

I have a Phoenix boardset where the initial melody/tune is too slow,
however replacing the 6221 melody chip makes no difference. So which
component governs the speed at which this tune is played?

The rest of the game plays at the correct speed, ie it's not a
clocking issue.

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

one of the 555's IIRC.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:45:33 +1000, "VaxX" <geoff_gunn@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>one of the 555's IIRC.

Thanks but it doesn't appear to be any of them as they check out okay.

Consult the schems. IIRC the CPU directly controls it. IF not, there can't
be much in the middle between the two. On mine, the jingle wasn't that fast
anyway. Assume you are comparing a working one with a non working?

"max-man" <max-man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Phoenix boardset where the initial melody/tune is too slow,
> however replacing the 6221 melody chip makes no difference. So which
> component governs the speed at which this tune is played?
>
> The rest of the game plays at the correct speed, ie it's not a
> clocking issue.

I've had several Phoenix boards that worked perfectly although played the music
noticeably slower than my other boards. Having several that played the music
the way I expected prompted me to not care about the others, so I never
investigated it. : ) It seems to be a fairly common problem.

Richard